JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not turning off cable box when turning off TV

(Topic created on: 2/14/17 6:19 PM)
ETorbert
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

A number of months have passed since the problem of not turning off cable box when turning off TV first appeared in this user forum. Many users with various Samsung smart TVs and various cable services have reported the TV remote turns on the cable box and TV consistently, but the remote turns off only the TV and not the cable box. Suggestions to update firmware, point the remote squarely at the cable box, etc. have failed to solve the problem. Can anyone confirm this issue has actually been brought to the attention of Samsung software engineers? Is there any hope of a solution?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
41 Replies
userJ8Wz6bVT7F
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Try android tv box because you can upgrade running any type of lcd tv info android tv with help of best android tv box

0 Likes
userp2IjmxbZsL
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same problem with DTV and a new (2020 model) Q90T 75" (QN75Q90TAFXZA), but I did, for about two weeks, have a solution that I now cannot replicate. After a power outage the TV did not recognize my cable box, and I was forced to go through a longer procedure that involved entering the DTV box model number manually. That process gave me access to additional options on the hub for the DTV app, including power off, and it would also shut the power off when the tv was turned off. Then we had another power blip, the DTV box was auto-detected, and I lost those additional options. Now the only options under the DTV app are "home", "guide", and "record" with more options using the 123 button, but still can't shut off the DTV box. I don't see any way to manually enter the DTV box model once the tv auto-detects the DTV box, but that does seem to be a solution the tv has, just doesn't offer unless there is a problem. 

Note I have an Onkyo home theater receiver in the arc-HDMI 3 port, which does shut on and off with the tv. DTV is in HDMI 1, with a blue ray in HDMI 2 and a Nintendo Switch in HDMI 4. 

0 Likes