Original topic:

Oled screen faulty

(Topic created on: 3/7/21 11:36 PM)
userxJH8HB3Eyn
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We purchased a Samsung 55inch tv in Worten Adeje Tenerife in Nov. At the time when buying the tv the staff were quite happy to speak to us in English. We paid €699 on a debit card on Thursday, we set the tv up on Friday and when removing the side protective stickers the top left of the screen pulled away. This appeared to be a protective sticker over the screen so we pulled it only to find it was the actual screen as it was white behind with no picture. We therefore left it on and pushed the screen back to the tv. We took it back to the store on the Saturday morning having not even watched the tv thinking we would receive a credit note or a full refund. Then the fun started, the member of staff who sold the tv came with her colleague to check it as it worked fine when it left the shop. They then pulled the screen away fully ripping it to shreds only stopping when they realised it made the picture disappear. At this point they replaced the bits of the screen and put the tv back in the box despite knowing that the tv was now rendered completely unusable. We mistakenly thought we would be asked to go and choose another tv. WRONG!! The store manager asked if we were English and said we were to blame and should take it away and phone Samsung on Monday. They then showed us there returns policy saying that they won’t exchange any tv over 32 inches. We stood in the shop for 4 hours, (2 waiting to speak to the manager) and I called my friend who speaks fluent Spanish to speak to the manager direct, he said he’d never spoken to a more arrogant man than him. They walked around us for 4 hours not saying a word, I asked could we leave it in store and get Samsung to go direct to the store and they refused. We eventually had a leave the shop with the tv in a worse state than it was when we arrived. This is the worst experience we’ve ever had.

It is now 4 weeks on and we are no further on, nobody is willing to help we’ve even tried Samsung Uk for help but no luck there either. Samsung Spain keep saying someone will call you back who can speak English that never happened. We paid a friend to speak Spanish and they said we’ll send the engineer next Thursday we waited all day and nobody came or even called us. She called back the following day an they said we don’t know anything about a visit. We’ve emailed them at least 50 times and spent nearly every day trying to get help. Is anybody at Samsung willing to help it’s unbelievable what’s happening.it’s now March and still nobody is willing to help  Samsung says it our fault and want 400 euro to fix 🤷‍:male_sign:🤷‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. With your product not being a US product, I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your product was manufactured/purchased for assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes