cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

One Connect Audio Blips, Cutouts

I have a 2019 Samsung 2019 TV, model QN65Q90RAF. The digital audio output from the Samsung One Connect (both optical and HDMI ARC) experiences all kinds of blips and cut-outs when fed to my Cambridge Audio streamer/preamp. For example, I use an Apple TV connected to the OneConnect box.  The audio out from the OneConnect (originating from the AppleTV) has blips and cut outs, indicative of some type of timing or sync issue.

The same issue with audio blips and drops and hiccups happens with my Panasonic  BluRay player as the source, but not when the audio is fed directly from the BluRay player to the Cambridge Audio Edge NQ.  The Cambridge Audio preamp is new and works fine with input that doesn't come from the OneConnect.

Are there any known issues with digital audio out from the OneConnect box? It seems like it is somehow screwing up timestamps or signal/time sync'ing.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: One Connect Audio Blips, Cutouts

Did you please solve the problem? I have the same problem with QE65Q95T and Marantz ND8006.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: One Connect Audio Blips, Cutouts

No, I am pleading with Cambridge Audio to release a firmware fix.

I tried connecting my Samsung to an old Marantz M-CR611 and that combination seemed to work fine over optical, so I'm surprised the ND8006 (which is nicer and newer) has a problem.

Samsung has been totally useless.