cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

One Remote Voice Cmd Inop in YouTube

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV is a Q8FNB 55”. 

Today voice commands stopped working in the YouTube app.

When I select the microphone in the app and press the mic button on the One remote, the red reception indicator in the upper left brightens and flashes twice before I get the message, ”Didn’t hear that. Try again”

i tried a reset reset by pressing and holding the “Back” and “4 Color/Number” buttons simultaneously until the LED stopped flashing to no avail. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: One Remote Voice Cmd Inop in YouTube

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can send us a private message here with this link. https://bit.ly/33nV7pS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is YouTube the only app that it isn't working for?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jeez, that’s an excellent question. I should have checked before posting, sorry about that. 

The microphone on the One remote does not function in any app.

When I press the mic button on the remote the remote LED flashes but the TV does not respond at all. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try disconnecting the remote and then reconnecting it. That might work out for you.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-control-the-tv-with-the-rem...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I removed the batteries and held the power button for >8 seconds. No help. 

I then changed the batteries in the remote, still no response except for the message stating , “Hmm, we’re having trouble connecting”. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to look into this a bit further. Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Message sent, thank you Al!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Additionally, the “Color/Number” button and the “Ambient Mode” buttons no longer function.

Now when I press the mic button a message appears that states, “Hmm, we’re having trouble connecting”

I re-paired by pressing the “Return” and the “Play/Pause” buttons simultaneously and held the power button until the QLED logo reappeared. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The television now functions correctly, I don’t know why it works now and did not work yesterday.

If someone did something to fix it, thank you!

Thank you Al for the options. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Follow up:

The remote voice control worked for ~1 hour. When I turned the television off and returned several hours later, the One remote did not seem to hear the commands.