One connect box is not being found

(Topic created on: 10/5/20 12:36 AM)
userz0Cz7JabN5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Turned the TV on and the the following screen

D00DAD7B-CD61-4C23-95AC-0E7A9E6495C7.jpeg

There is power to the one connect box, rebooted and re-bedded all the cables.

Cable or box issue ?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userz0Cz7JabN5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It was the cable. Why a cable, that has not moved etc in 3 years, should just fail is beyond me.  Why the cable is not more robust/protected seems to be a major failing on Samsung's part.  I am glad it wasn't buried in the wall or similar and it was readily accessible.

And over $200 for a new one is a total rip-off.  I will be very reluctant to buy another Samsung TV when I upgrade to 8K later in the year.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. It could be either one of these items. Please send the model and serial numbers for the television to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userz0Cz7JabN5
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It was the cable. Why a cable, that has not moved etc in 3 years, should just fail is beyond me.  Why the cable is not more robust/protected seems to be a major failing on Samsung's part.  I am glad it wasn't buried in the wall or similar and it was readily accessible.

And over $200 for a new one is a total rip-off.  I will be very reluctant to buy another Samsung TV when I upgrade to 8K later in the year.

View solution in context

0 Likes