JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Optical audio and headphones question

(Topic created: 01-01-2021 09:11 AM)
LaziDaze
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am looking at the Samsung NU7100 58" TV and I have a question about the model. I see by the specs on the model that the old RCA audio out ports have been eliminated and replaced with an Optical Audio (Toslink) out. My question is can the Optical out be used (with a RCA adapter) for wireless headphones without cancelling the TV speakers.  I need to be able to use headphones because of severe hearing problems but my spouse wants to use the normal TV speakers at the same time.

Our current setup is with a 10 year old Vizio using the RCA audio out to feed Sennhieser HDR120 wireless headphones.  The headphones have their own volume controls and the TV volume can be adjusted (including mute) without affecting the volume on the headphones. Can this Samsung model be set up the same way?

TIA for any responses.

0 Likes
12 Replies
userrKZR7pN9Jt
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@useruVPHX9mbor wrote:

We bought a new Samsung tv.  I am hard of hearing so we also bought Artiste headphones.  We plugged the optical cord into the optical plug and nothing happens.  No sound at all.  We had Sennheiser headphones that worked fine with regular tv but on Netflix and Prime no sound.  Does anyone have any idea what we are doing wrong.    

I've got the same thing going on.  Can you please share your solution?  Thanks!

0 Likes
usergsTVyyheCA
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same thing.  Headphones plugged into digital output or audio out ports will not work at all. 

I plugged the audio wires into my cable box auto out ports and they work fine except the sound is not in sync with the TV so its a little annoying.     These headphones work perfectly on our older Samsung.  

Please let me know if there is a solution!  Was thinking maybe some setting somewhere turns on the ports but cannot find anything like that.  😞 

0 Likes
user1hFrLNhG5H
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem with my 58 in. UN58MU6070 TV.  I can use my Sennheiser Headsets when watching programs coming from DirecTV through HDMI 1 but when I stream from Amazon Prime, the TV speakers work fine but no sound from the Sennheiser that normal get sound through a Digital to analog adopter plugged in to the Optical Audio Out socket.  This is a major problem that may be related to the WiFi adapter in the TV.

0 Likes