Astronaut

Re: Optical audio output not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Root_kitten
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar issue, solved by doing what others are saying (set digital audio output to PCM) and then setting the output as TV speakers instead of the digital output itself. I then unplugged the cable and plugged it back in. Suddenly I could hear both from the TV and the speakers. When I switched it to just optical out it only came through the speakers.

I think it may have to do with the fact that I plugged the Toslink cable into the TV while it was still configured for Dolby and bitstream. Replugging it in with PCM set as output caused it to work exactly how I wanted it to!

userLSFGG8Mckq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will the settings need to be be changed on every app that isn't working, like I'll have to change the audio to pcm on several apps?

userROyKEmXa04
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks Bob, you are right, changing to PCM only takes effect when running the app with the audio issue. Two hours trying and your answer saved my day Smiley Happy thanks for sharing this tip.
userMs7IqJVBqV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! Indeed this only work if you access the audio configuration while still having Netflix open. Then you can set the output to PCM and the noise is gone. 

userbXfvAD6lsA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN65JU7500. The audio out has been spotty for 2 years now since purchasing this. And not just on apps but on HDMI inputs like PS4 pro or AppleTV. 

Now as as of three weeks ago, only TV Speaker works. HDMI arc disappeared so receiver no longer available. Even though set properly. Even reset the soundbar and the TV and had Samsung support reset it remotely. They also gave me access to a new firmware build to manually install. All to no avail. I even went out and bought an optical cable. Red light on showing its active. But still no sound on soundbar. Selecting optical now doesn’t resolve anything. Only tv speakers work. And I’ve confirmed that the bar works just fine with another non Samsung tv I have using optical. 

This Pcm solution doesn’t work for me. Sound reset also a no. Doesn’t recognize Anynet devices. I can only conclude that there’s some issue with the OneConnect box

usertl4lTH7J0L
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Works as a charm! Thank you! Best answer in the topic.

userdf7ESaHQhJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

I have a qf46 49 inch 2017 model. I have tried to reset power off and on when all setting are pcm. There is no sound coming out of the optical port.

user6IYCmSMDPL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am having the same audio problem, but cannot see the solution in this thread.  What was the suggested fix, please.

Thank you.

userclHG2cM3FI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Terrific. Worked immediately when I followed your steps. Thank you.