Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nimajii
Asteroid

Original Xbox + Hyperkin HDMI + The Frame (2018) = No Signal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hyperkin recently released an officially licensed HDMI cable for the original Xbox. It's called the Hyperkin Panorama. When attempting to connect my Xbox to The Frame (2018) while using it, the TV says 'No Signal.' I know the HDMI port on the One Connect box works as I've connected other devices to it. I also know that the Xbox with HDMI cable works as I've connect it to an older, 720p TV and set the console to '480p mode.'

It seems like The Frame just won't accept a 480i or 480p signal.

The original Xbox can output 480i, 480p, 720p, and even 1080i while playing a game that supports those resolutions. The System Menu outputs in 480i or 480p only. Like I said, I have switched the Xbox's System Menu into 480p mode and when connecting to the One Connect box, the TV says 'Unknown Device' and 'No Signal.' It knows something's connected, it's just not accepting the signal from it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Original Xbox + Hyperkin HDMI + The Frame (2018) = No Signal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, my mistake. The 2018 Frame does not support 480i/480p inputs.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have the full model code for your tv?

nimajii
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure, the Model Code is UN65LS03N and it's running Software Version T-KTM2AKUC-1153.1, BT-S. Thanks. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried connecting the Xbox with the composite cables it comes with?

nimajii
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can only connect devices to the One Connect box via HDMI. I have connected the Xbox to an older 720p TV with the cables it comes with and they work fine. I have even connected the Xbox to the older 720p TV using the new Hyperkin Panorama HDMI cable and it works fine there too. I just cannot connect the Xbox to The Frame (2018)vwith the HDMI cable, as The Frame (2018) always says than an 'Unknown Device' is connected and it's receiving 'No Signal.'

I think The Frame may not accept a 480i or 480p signal, although I don't know that for sure.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Frame (2018) supports 480i only through the AV In port.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

nimajii
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"The Frame (2018) supports 480i only through the AV In port."

There is no AV In port. The Frame (2018) comes with a One Connect box and these are all the ports on it. There are 3 USB inputs on the side, and on the back, an EX-LINK, Ant In (Coaxial), Digital Audio Out (Optical), LAN, 4 HDMI ports, and the One Connect that outputs to the display. There is no AV In.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, my mistake. The 2018 Frame does not support 480i/480p inputs.