JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PLEASE FIX Remote not working with Pioneer Receivers!!

(Topic created: 03-21-2020 02:15 AM)
userjVx5xsDcs1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

PLEASE FIX Remote not working with Pioneer Receivers.. Please don't ask to go through any procedures to try and diagnose the problem it is a known problem with Samsung TV's and numerous ppl are having the same issue..  RU8000

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userbZVBcBDoJj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm happy to shed some light on this issue. It IS samsumgs fault, but it CAN be fixed, at least in some cases. (I've posted this elsewhere as well as i came across two posts about this)

I have a Samsung 4K Q60R QLED TV and a Pioneer receiver (VSX-515V) that I use as a home theather. The receiver is plugged to my TV through an optical cable. Everything used to work perfectly until I updated to the latest firmware, AND reformatted my TV. After the re-format, the volume on the remote never worked again....same errors as mentioned by others. Samsung obviously messed something up with their update relating to the pioneer IR code datebase.

Now for the fix. The issue seems to be with the Pioneer IR code database so just find a receiver, that is NOT pioneer, that uses the same remote IR code as your receiver. I used this site "http://www.verizon.com/support/smallbusiness/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/122842.htm" and found that the brand "WARDS" uses the same IR code as mine (RCA, Optimus, Magnavox, Capetronic, ADC, and Yamaha all seem to have IR codes that may overlap with some of pioneer's too). I then followed the procedure on my TV again for linking my remote, but when asked for the brand just searched "WARDS". The first attempt failed but the second "WARDS" code it used was able to power off my receiver as expected. It now all works fine again!

Hope this helps...

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
userbZVBcBDoJj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm happy to shed some light on this issue. It IS samsumgs fault, but it CAN be fixed, at least in some cases. (I've posted this elsewhere as well as i came across two posts about this)

I have a Samsung 4K Q60R QLED TV and a Pioneer receiver (VSX-515V) that I use as a home theather. The receiver is plugged to my TV through an optical cable. Everything used to work perfectly until I updated to the latest firmware, AND reformatted my TV. After the re-format, the volume on the remote never worked again....same errors as mentioned by others. Samsung obviously messed something up with their update relating to the pioneer IR code datebase.

Now for the fix. The issue seems to be with the Pioneer IR code database so just find a receiver, that is NOT pioneer, that uses the same remote IR code as your receiver. I used this site "http://www.verizon.com/support/smallbusiness/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/122842.htm" and found that the brand "WARDS" uses the same IR code as mine (RCA, Optimus, Magnavox, Capetronic, ADC, and Yamaha all seem to have IR codes that may overlap with some of pioneer's too). I then followed the procedure on my TV again for linking my remote, but when asked for the brand just searched "WARDS". The first attempt failed but the second "WARDS" code it used was able to power off my receiver as expected. It now all works fine again!

Hope this helps...

userjVx5xsDcs1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I want to say thank you it worked perfectly.. I thought about this lastnight and did try it but I only went through the Receivers that are listed in the  didn'menu.. I didn't realize there were more stored codes that could be accessed via the search..  Once again you were a big help and I sure appreciate it.. 

0 Likes
user3Zi3fFBYaK
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem on my pioneer Amplifier Az370.

My TV ru7400 detect the Pioneer during the setup selecting brand pioneer and it switch off the amplifier, but after that in normal using the remote doesn't work to the pioneer device.

Does anyone know how to figure it out?

Thanks 

0 Likes
userP6fijxFx9u
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me as well.  Pioneer vsx-33 receiver.  Finally got the smart remote to work with it.  Same as 2nd Wards code.

Thanks!

0 Likes
user5IWZqaXdyk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the solution. I have a similar setup. Samsung Q80R connected to Pioneer VSX-1021-K via optical. I connected all my devices (Fire TV and Blu-ray player) directly to my TV and able to control using TV remote. after facing hdcp error and UE22 I decided not to use HDMi connection between my TV and Pioneer and instead using optical. I am able.to control the volume of the pioneer with Samsung remote. But when I turn off the TV power the receiver power is still on. How can I setup so that the TV on/off control both the TV and receivers power? As a last resort I can use universal remote, but would like Samsung TV remote to work. Please help!

0 Likes
userGVxj1t8cXs
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much! This worked for my Pioneer AVR. I used the WARDS brand as well.

0 Likes
NickMcSamsung
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What's your Pioneer Receiver ?  

I'm having the exact same issue with a VSX-323 and trying different manufacturers (Wards, RCA etc) does not solve it for me. The Pioneer manufacturer actually works in the Universal Remote setup page where it power cycles perfectly when it asks the question "does the Receiver switch on or off" (as does WARDS manufacturers and some others) but when it comes to power cycling the REceiver when I power on/off the TV, nothing happens... So it works on the setup page but not when the setup is finished and you want the feature to work for real.