Original topic:

PS5/Chromecast Ultra Screen Flash

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 12:10 PM)
userGKtBs7bnEA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
On my un58mu6071 I have a PS5, Chromecast Ultra, and a Firestick 4k (connected to a Samsung soundbar). 

Enabling Anynet+ and HDMI UHD Color causes the TV to flash a black screen on the ports where the PS5 and Chromecast are connected (tested all ports). The Firestick drops audio randomly.

Disabling Anynet+ allows for HDMI UHD Color to be enable without issue but the soundbar no longer play audio. Also, all devices must be turn on individually. No issue with audio from the Firestick. 

Disabling HDMI UHD Color allows for Anynet+ to be enabled but the PS5 is picture is very dark which means messing with contrast and brightness every time you changes sources. No audio issue from the Firestick.

Is anyone seeing this issue? 
0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Are you running everything to the sound bar and then the television or to the television and then to the sound bar?

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version of the television.

0 Likes
userGKtBs7bnEA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
The Chromecast and Playstation are both connected to the TV itself. The Firestick is connected to the soundbar.

Software version is T-KTMAKUC-1280.5.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried connecting everything to the television and then only using the soundbar for ARC? 

Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
userGKtBs7bnEA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
The TV only has three HDMI so one device will need to be connected via the soundbar. But I did try disconnecting everything but the Playstation and I still had the same issue. I tested the Playstation on all three ports.

Just tried doing the reset but the issue remains.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Do your HDMI cables support 4K HDR? Is the software on the soundbar up to date?

0 Likes
userGKtBs7bnEA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Yes, the Playstation is connected using the HDMI cable that it came with which is HDMI 2.1 and it does support 4k HDR. I've tested the PS5 and cable on my 4k monitor and I'm getting 4K 120hz with HDR without issues.

I just upgraded the sound bar (HW-T510) to 1004.0 and it didn't change anything.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The next step would be to set up the unit for service. When was it purchased?

0 Likes
userGKtBs7bnEA
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
It was purchased 11/10/17.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

You can use the following link to locate a service center: Link

Or you can keep an eye out for any available updates to resolve this. 

0 Likes