JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Solution to Paramount Plus App not streaming content or live TV

(Topic created: 07-19-2021 01:09 PM)
AU94cmk71
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After several months of troubleshooting with Paramount Plus Tech Support, I have finally solved the issue of the Paramount Plus app not streaming content or live TV. The issue I had been having is that the app would work fine at certain times of the day (mostly morning and early afternoon), but then would not stream shows, movies, or live tv at other times (usually in the evening). It would try to load, and then I'd get a scrolling wheel with a blank screen, followed by an error message.  After numerous suggestions to reboot TV/modem/router, reload app, etc., I finally got Paramount Plus tech support to look at more details of my problem. Here is what they said:

"When it comes to Samsung TVs, the DNS configurations can impede on viewing when using our app as these settings as these settings send you to the proper servers to access the service. If these settings do not match your internet providers recommendations, then this can cause the issues you are experiencing on the Samsung. Also, IPv4 and IPv6 protocols can impede on viewing as well as these are used to make communication with our servers and others possible. Ensuring that DNS configurations match the ISP and having both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols enabled will allow for better communication between your device and our servers which will prevent the interruptions you are experiencing on this one device. To ensure this set-up is correct on your network, you would need to have your internet provider ensure this as we do not have access to the network. "

Rather than call my ISP, I accessed my router to view the internet port DNS settings, and then manually entered that same DNS setting into my Samsung Network connection. The setting had been set to "obtain automatically." And since that time, the Paramount Plus app has worked flawlessly, and my other apps have loaded more quickly than previously.

Hopefully if others are having this same issue, this will resolve your problem.

25 Replies
user8IoYtncSf2
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same here, came looking for a solution other than resetting the TV which has been done multiple times. Deleted and reinstalled app a bunch of times too. Hopefully Samsung or Paramount actually listens to us and fixes this issue.

userjIMLXW88tE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are having the same problem. Can see all the programs but when one is selected, the loading swirl shows up, and then the screen goes black with no response to the remote. Get the same result when trying to watch Live tv option.

Have gone through the following with no success:

- deleted the app, turned tv off, unplugged tv for approx. 30 secs, turned tv back on, reloaded app. No success.

- did the above and restarted router and cable modem. No success.

All other streaming apps are working fine.

Very disappointed in Samsung and it's support of their software and apps.

Maybe a Roku box may be the answer?

userC29TEjuPhR
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem on UN65MU8000 but works fine on UN50NU6900.

Tried unplug, reset, delete/re-install, etc. No success.

Seems to be related to problems on specific Samsung models.

0 Likes
userlm5XWJUa02
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm having the same problem
0 Likes
usermPz9xuE8YG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All third party applications on the television are created and supported by their respective developers.

I would recommend contacting Paramount Plus support to let them know what model you have so that they can get a good assessment of the effected models.

Ultimately, Paramount Plus will need to resolve the issue.