cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Peacock TV?

I chose a Samsung TV because I have other Samsung devices. However, I have absolutely no problem with returning the Samsung for an LG if I can't stream the services to which I subscribe. 

http://www.forextrading.pk/open-market-currency-rates.php
Highlighted
Constellation

Does Samsung communicate with any of their customers? Not a single issue with the LG television given to me as a gift.  Nothing but issues with Samsung televisions I have purchased(last was May, 2020). I will now be purchasing LG as this 2 year old gift popped Peacock App up and asked if I want it) Can't even find in app search on Samsung, won't allow me to run Peacock on internet browser on Samsung. Fix this issue please or refund my purchase. 

Highlighted
Constellation

You buy a TV based off....Peacock availability??!?

Just return it and stop crying.  Make sure you spend extra time yelling at the 17 year old who sold it to you at Best Buy too.

Or just pick one of the 347 different ways and watch it like everyone else. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hold on, a minute. YES, we buy these devices with the belief that they will run the most current apps. For the most part they do, but usually not without some research. I've got HBO Max on the Samsung, but it irks me greatly that I can't get Peacock. None of the "other ways" you speak of involve just pressing HOME, and watching it on the TV that is supposed to be "smart."

I'm not watching a movie on my phone, my tablet or my computer (or running it THROUGH those things to the TV), because that negates the purpose of a "Smart" TV. It's not all Samsung's fault, though it WOULD behoove them to do whatever they can to work out agreements with every major streaming service, don't you think?

But what kind of idiocy is it, for HBO Max, Peacock and Disney+ to issue major new services that are NOT directly supported by so many recent (and current!) devices? Asinine.

Highlighted
Constellation

AMEN!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Wow, a little snotty aren't you. And why are you on here. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

What, do you work for Samsung or something?  In answer to your question, yes people buy devices with the implied agreement that when they buy something...............IT WORKS.  Plain and simple.  Peacock is a free streaming service that should be made available to all smart TV viewers.  It should not matter who is the manufacturer of your television set.  If Samsung cannot keep abreast of the modern technology that they sell, perhaps they ought not be in the business of selling tvs.  Otherwise, it is their responsibility to ensure what they make and sell to the public works properly.  It is not as if Peacock is still solely available to Comcast customers.  Smart Tv's are devices, NOT services.  Therefore they should operate in exactly the same manner as their competition does.  Would you buy a modern PC computer that would not work with any version of Windows?  Or an Apple computer that would not work with any Apple software?  That would be rather pointless, now wouldn't it.  All that everyone here is asking for is that the Peacock application which is offered up as free by NBC, be available for use with the Samsung Smart TV's we all own.  Samsung had months to prep the app before the July 15th 2020 deadline.  At the very least they can inform their customers when it really will be available.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Apparently Peacock chose to roll out the non-Xfinity 07-15-2020 national launch WITHOUT Samsung or Amazon Fire Stick support.  My main tv is a 2017 or 2018 Samsung QLED Q6F smart tv and I converted an older "dumb" Best Buy tv to "smart" tv by adding an Amazon Fire Stick. My 3rd tv, a tiny Vizio smart tv had the Peacock app in the app tray ready for access at 12:15AM on July 15. Would prefer to watch Peacock on Samsung in den or Fire Stick in bedroom, but after searching the web it appears that Peacock has not yet signed agreements with Samsung. Somewhat annoying.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi. You can sideload the Peacock TV app on your Firestick by following the instructions in the link below. The app works great on my Firestick, but I did have to reboot the device once for it to work correctly. Sideloading works with other apps, too. (I also added HBO Max to mine.) 

I really want the Peacock TV app on the Samsung instead of moving the Firestick between the living room and bedroom. And yes, I am serious about returning a TV that will not carry the content to which I subscribe. This is a long-term investment, not something I'll replace next spring.

https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-install-sideload-peacock-app-by-nbc-on-amazon-fire-tv-or-firestick/

Highlighted
Astronaut

I agree with you completely. Not only are we expected now to subscribe to multiple streaming services each with their own monthly charges, but apparently are expected to keep replacing our big screen TVs every couple of months, or watch in a different room in a different way for each service? It's bonkers. And as soon as we figure it all out, they'll start merging, bundling or otherwise changing the services we've finally got working. It's getting worse than cable.