JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

75" QLED Periodic Black Screen

(Topic created: 02-08-2019 05:30 AM)
userK4rXSzLSas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I’ve seen a few topics on this and I’ve made sure the TV is up to date. I have a 75” QLED that keeps going to a black screen for 1-3 seconds then comes back. This only happens while watching the cable connected through my XBox. Netflix, Hulu and any other app doesn’t do this through Xbox, it is just the cable. I’ve swapped cables and the problem follows just that connection.  If I bypass the Xbox, the screen doesn’t do it.  Any ideas?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried turning off game mode while viewing apps?

0 Likes
userK4rXSzLSas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, it had no impact.  It was on auto, it is currently off

0 Likes
userK4rXSzLSas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Also, the TV is less than a week old, and now also alternating between plain black, and black with the app “wheel” spinning, then back to TV

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

It may be the transition through the Xbox that is causing the symptom. Since it does not happen when connecting straight to the television, it is not a setting there. Is there a setting that you are hoping to keep that requires the cable box to be connected to the console instead of the television directly? 

0 Likes
userK4rXSzLSas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The Xbox has a tuner built in. It lets you watch tv, play games or run apps, like Netflix and Hulu without having to switch inputs. TV is the only one that has this problem.  Playing any game or watching Netflix, you don’t get one flash of black. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userK4rXSzLSas Are you watching TV through the Xbox or your cable provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userK4rXSzLSas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Through the Xbox. To put it another way, the cable box out HDMI is on the in Xbox HDMI, the out HDMI for Xbox is connected to the TV.  Running any app on Xbox, including video streaming, doesn’t do this. It is only the TV stream that flashes 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userK4rXSzLSas Would you provide me your full model and serial number along with the current software version via private message here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userufutJQW09m
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having same problem. I had the TV 3 days. Plus the holes in back of TV have no threads. I hope I can return TV to Best Buy and get my money back.

Doug Hardman

0 Likes