cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Prime Video not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same issue here. Samsung QE6FN, Prime video is the only app freezing and hanging. Not every time, but frequently enough for it to become very frustrating. The issue resolves itself after some time (5-10 mins). 

This problem seems to be widespread and quite old, so I'm really puzzled why Samsung and Amazon didn't produce a solution... Oh, wait... Is it maybe because they don't care about their customers that much?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For those who can't open the Amazon Prime app or get a perpetual spinner and are therefore unable to sign out of the app.

I was able to take the following steps to get Prime to work again:

• Go to Apps
  • Go to Settings (the cog icon at the top)
  • Find Amazon Prime and click "Reinstall"
  • Open Prime (this worked without having to sign back in to the app)

I did this on a 2019 Samsung Frame.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How about if Amazon Prime and Samsung actually fix the app.  All the unplugging and holding buttons is foolish... fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with my Q9FN, it worked ok until recently but is almost unusable now.
Usually when I first select Amazon Prime nothing happens (this part has always happened), I then have to select it a second time for it to load but it doesnt work properly and just displays grey boxes instead of thumbnails so I have to force close it.

When I try to load it again nothing happens, after a few attempts I usually give up and load another app like Netflix, Plex or YouTube and start watching something else, after about 5mins Amazon Prime suddenly loads and closes the other app I am currently using which is very frustrating.

I have reset my TV and logged out but it only fixes the issue once, the next time I try to use Amazon Prime I'm back to square one!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get a black screen on Prime and Disney Plus often. My fix is watch a YouTube video for 30 seconds and then exit. Reload either Prime or Disney Plus and it works fine.