JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 02-28-2020 11:06 AM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
userzs5KHYolZG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exactly the same issue here. Samsung QE6FN, Prime video is the only app freezing and hanging. Not every time, but frequently enough for it to become very frustrating. The issue resolves itself after some time (5-10 mins). 

This problem seems to be widespread and quite old, so I'm really puzzled why Samsung and Amazon didn't produce a solution... Oh, wait... Is it maybe because they don't care about their customers that much?

0 Likes
userK0YVr7LiNx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For those who can't open the Amazon Prime app or get a perpetual spinner and are therefore unable to sign out of the app.

I was able to take the following steps to get Prime to work again:

• Go to Apps
  • Go to Settings (the cog icon at the top)
  • Find Amazon Prime and click "Reinstall"
  • Open Prime (this worked without having to sign back in to the app)

I did this on a 2019 Samsung Frame.

0 Likes
Tom G1
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How about if Amazon Prime and Samsung actually fix the app.  All the unplugging and holding buttons is foolish... fix it.

userP2Md4CnToE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue with my Q9FN, it worked ok until recently but is almost unusable now.
Usually when I first select Amazon Prime nothing happens (this part has always happened), I then have to select it a second time for it to load but it doesnt work properly and just displays grey boxes instead of thumbnails so I have to force close it.

When I try to load it again nothing happens, after a few attempts I usually give up and load another app like Netflix, Plex or YouTube and start watching something else, after about 5mins Amazon Prime suddenly loads and closes the other app I am currently using which is very frustrating.

I have reset my TV and logged out but it only fixes the issue once, the next time I try to use Amazon Prime I'm back to square one!

0 Likes
userV1Z4H46znM
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I get a black screen on Prime and Disney Plus often. My fix is watch a YouTube video for 30 seconds and then exit. Reload either Prime or Disney Plus and it works fine.   

0 Likes
user1ApdNrywZH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Lately my prime video wasn't working on my tv. Quick google search led me to the best and easiest answer... Just hold down the power button on the TV remote for 5 seconds, which restarts the tv. Go to your prime video and it loads like magic.

0 Likes
user6fZit9IFIt
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have done the suggested remedy twice. It works for awhile then its back to not working. This has just come up in the last two weeks and the only way to make it work is to turn the tv off, wait awhile, unplug them router, then plug back in and turn it on again. Thidoesnt gappen with Netflix or Hulu, only prime video.

Destiny4327r1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That happened to me. I had to update my smart tv .

0 Likes
userpClrArhQyM
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Power on TV, hold down power button until tv powers off and back on.  It worked for me.

0 Likes
userY1xDbH34LI
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On my UE49MU6400 (up-to-date software) I had the Amazon prime service hang on loading. All other services working normally as was Amazon Prime on ipad and laptop.

Fixed by shutting down TV unpluging for 30 Seconds, rebooting the internet router,  then restarting the TV.  

This action would have cleared out all the cached network information, ip address, routes and session certificates etc. Has only happened once so far.

0 Likes