JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 05-15-2020 09:39 AM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
userVXWLf48ME8
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Worked for me, too! After many attempts (powering TV off, bouncing back and forth between TV apps, etc), came here and found this solution. Took a while to locate the Deregister screen in Amazon Prime account, but this fixed the problem immediately. Thanks!

0 Likes
userBldJp57gBN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Couldn't find deregister. Tried unplugging, holding power button down checked software update nothing worked. Next morning unplugged for about 20 minutes, held power button down a couple minutes before plugging in and again after plugging back in then it finally came back on. 

0 Likes
userbC65xnbEhp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yeah this did not work for me nor does any of the other troubleshooting suggestions. I have Un65nu6900 and I guess it's just a peice of sh$&. Have issues with Disney app as well. 

So frig'n frustrating. 

0 Likes
userXNfaTSjWQJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you sign out when it won't even load. Get the spring wheel and nothing else.  

@Oldyellr wrote:

Okay, it looks like nobody here has a solution. But I just got another email from Samsung Support with the following suggestion.

"I suggest you to sign out and sign back into the app.

To sign out, select Settings [on Amazon account], from the left menu, and then select Deregister your Device. Close the app, reopen, and then enter your credentials to sign back in."

That worked!  I now have Amazon Prime Videos back and working.

0 Likes
user5bnhoNFHCB
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any other ideas? I cannot get Amazon to come UP on my tv, so I can't log out and back in.

0 Likes
userB7I1ujHycA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank so much.  This finally worked.  So frustrating...  Had to unplug TV before the de-registration would show me a new code on the TV...but that did the trick and allowed me to sign in again...

0 Likes
userUlzF1Piq30
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If I cant even load the prime screen how do I get to the settings to cancel it out. This is beyond fustrating

0 Likes
userl6NGkLxkoP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried all of the above with no results. My tv showed the prime icon on the screen however, when I selected it the screen went black, no connection at all to the app. The only thing that worked was signing out of prime on my phone and performing a factory reset on my TV. Then the TV was able to connect to prime and I reconnected it to my account. 😃

0 Likes
userBM0QpM64P1
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

did not work

0 Likes
userROHqewV8Fs
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can I do this on the Amazon app on my iPad or must it be done somehow on my Samsung UE43RU7400. (2019)

Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving my husband mad because I can get Amazon Prime no problem at all on  our older Samsung TV upstairs. 

0 Likes