JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 06-30-2020 11:30 AM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing happening on my QN65Q70TAFXZA.  Started doing this yesterday after watching prime videos without issue for a couple weeks.  The TV is brand new as well.  I tried all kinds of suggested fixes, power button restart, pull the plug, deregistered the tv from the prime account, reset tv to factory defaults.  Nothing fixed the problem.  Eventually I figured out how to get into the app itself and found a re-install.  Reinstalled the prime video app and that fixed it.  Prime video is now working.

userSAQFNZduKM
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This sounds promising. I have the same model (QN65Q6DTAFXZA). Could you please explain how you accessed the app to reinstall it? Thanks.

UPDATE: I figured it out.

1. Go to Apps.

2. Look for the gear wheel icon ("Settings"). The one on my TV is located in the upper right-hand corner. Click on it.

3. Scroll to the Prime Video app icon.

4. In the app's sub-menu, click Reinstall.

5. Relaunch the app. This solved the problem for my particular model.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Fantastic!  We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user9RpOGh41EE
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there a more permanent fix to this problem? It has been a week since I've even watched television and used the prescribed steps for the solution. It is temporary. I've had to deregister my account, hold down the power key for 20 seconds, and now re register my TV with Amazon prime.

I would prefer to not have to do this every time I want to watch prime on my smart TV.

0 Likes
useruDYQdde7lQ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What worked for me was going to Amazon and deregistering my Amazon Prime account device associated with my Samsung TV. I followed that up by reinstalling the Prime Video app on my Samsung TV. I was then able to reregister my Prime account with my TV. All is good again.

0 Likes
user7xZ1AMZ9jR
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Greetings. I worked all the way through this thread and tried every soloution before fixing the issue. The problem I had was whenever I selected the Prime app either from SmartHub or Remote button, it briefly tried to connect before going back to the previous channel.

I deregistered but could not get the Prime app to allow me back on. As the Prime app is "built in" it was not the same as other apps. 

Here's what worked finally: From the home screen, I moved left to the Apps selection, right before settings. In app section, I chose "Settings". From here you can delete any added apps except Netflix and Prime but I could go to Prime and go down to select Reinstall. After this the app opened and allowed me to register and sign in. 

Keep in mind, I did all of the Power button, unplug, reset network ahead of this so it may be some combination of those but not unti I reinstalled did I get it back. Good luck.

0 Likes
user9b3Bir63qn
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I pressed the on off button on remote for 5 seconds and that fixed it

0 Likes
user0lzQn7hzWf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Pressing the on/off button for 5 seconds was so quick, and solved my Prime being stuck on the title screen for 3 days!  Thanks!!

0 Likes
userqmTMyjgRC0
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The easiest way is go to Amazon click on Prime video and deregister your device then reregister. 

@Oldyellr wrote:

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

0 Likes
moodymorgan
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
held the power button 20s off and 20s on and it worked fore, but there must be an actual way to clear cashe.
every app seems to be running faster after this...... thanks
0 Likes