Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 06-01-2019 11:39 PM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello @userROHqewV8Fs. I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userA1Fm6sk5LS
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is not solved, followed stupid directions and app is still not working.  Going on over a week now. Getting really really angry. This may be the straw that gets me to never buy another samsung product

0 Likes
userTPuJXg0H4c
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here (Kauai, HI). I have spent hours on the phone and chat with Samsung and also with Amazon Tech support. Today I was on chat with Samsung and after going through the same shut down, start up, sign in again, yada yada and at the end of the session I was told that Samsung was going to issue a software update to the Amazon Prime Video app in the next two weeks. Anyone else heart this?

0 Likes
user61TiH1sRaQ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem. Have researched and spent hours trying all the fixes, nothing works. Now the app just says problem occured unable to load the page.

0 Likes
usercmA7djSaj9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This works for me: From the TV menu, from Amazon Prime item, instead of pressing select to be hung on for ever, press the down button to select "Remove", then Turn off the TV. Turn the TV on, press the left triangle to select "Add" an app. The Prime Video should be visible as one of the apps.  Select it to add it back.  It didn't even ask me to re-enter my credential.  It loads my videos immediately like before

@Oldyellr wrote:

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and is extremely frustrating. I have a $1000 smat TV with the Prime Video app, but it doesn't work and I have to watch Prime Video on my laptop. All the other apps work, just not Prime Video. I've followed all the suggestions, reset the smart hub a couple of times, changed the DNS from automatic to 8.8.8.8, unplugged the TV for30 seconds, made sure it's the latest software update, clicked Reinstall on the app.  Nothing works. We even have an older Samsung smart TV, Model UN50H5203AF, in a location with a weaker WiFi signal and Prime Video works on that one. But it has stopped working on this newer TV.

after this fix. 

0 Likes
userWgdG5zfUC0
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was experiencing the same issue—all my other apps worked BUT Amazon Prime.  I was on support with Samsung for over an hour and they were able to access my tv remotely but could not fix it and in fact made it worse because they factory reset my tv and then I couldn't get into ANY of the apps because Smart Hub couldn't connect to the internet, I kept getting error messages saying try again later.  Samsung told me it was a firewall issue with my internet provider and I needed to contact them.  So I did they checked everything and no firewall settings were interfering with my tv, besides the other two tv's in the house were both getting AP.  Here's what finally worked (note, you might try jumping to step 7 first):

1.  Updated the Samsung tv software.  Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/6PL7NhuCvZ

2.  Unplugged the tv

3. Reset the modem and our booster (we use ORBI)

4. Reset the tv to factory settings (I had to do this 3 times)

5. Finally able to set up Samsung's Smart Hub

6. Accessed the SH apps but Amazon Prime still did not work (I'm four hours into it by now)

7.  Went to settings/menu and selected "Smart Features" An option box appeared but "Smart Hub reset" was not visible.  I had to click into the option box and when I did that a small arrow appeared at the bottom.  Here's a screenshot https://www.screencast.com/t/wv2KBPG4utZ4 .  And here's a screenshot after clicking the down arrow https://www.screencast.com/t/JHhvu05p1xWC

8. I reset Smart Hub (I had to do this twice, the first time the app menu didn't show any apps)

9. VERY IMPORTANT - after resetting Smart Hub I held down the tv remote power button to reset the tv

10.  All the Smart Hub apps were now visible.  And finally Amazon Prime was accessible.  I had to enter my login and password and Voila it finally worked.

0 Likes
userF1l21SN2nM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So I have been having a similar problem with the prime video app, however the screen either is completely gray and if I select whatever the cursor is on and that will play but it's a total shot in the dark or selecting the app only gets a flashing "prime video" logo and nothing less happens. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
useru9O8zGynmA
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In plug TV 30 seconds. Plug back on hold power button 25 seconds (do a spin Michael Jackson style) reopen app. Worked for me 

user5bnhoNFHCB
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

worked for me. thanks!

0 Likes
Sandicain
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

O donfmz

0 Likes