cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHl8RDw9Yqu
Constellation

Re: Prime Video not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing, sometimes black screen, sometimes Amazon logo, but nothing more, but it had been working earlier.

Tried everything, power off tv and waited, remote power button for 30 secs, but to no avail.  

I also went to the amazon web site and cleared out all my amazon prime devices - notice this is NOT the same as you amazon devices (go figure!) and started all over again.

Eventually, I fixed the problem by doing all the above: 

1) Clear out all entries on the amazon PRIME web-site

2) Turn off TV for 1-2 minutes

3) Turn on, and then hold pwr button down for 30 secs

4) Go to setting and RESET your network settings

5) Connect to a different network (you might need to use your phone temporately to generate a network)

6) Start the Amazon app.  This triggered the "Select your location" followed by "Re-register app" screens in the app on the TV.

7) Enter correct location and code (provided by the web-site)

8) Then configure your network on the TV back to normal

THAT worked for me.  I don't know exactly why all this is needed, but I guess the trick is to trigger a total reset/restart.  Not everybody will need all this, but I was without Amazon for month with multiple attampts - finally today I hit touchdown.

All my other devices have had no problems - this is only a Samsung TV related problem (I have both Samsung phones and tablets with no problems).

Good luck... 

user3OrZe4YmhH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This didn't work for me, but holding down the power button on the remote for 10  seconds did the trick.

userF9lSNUNuYh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This one didn't work for me.  With TV on, I held power button down for 30 seconds. TV turned off, then back on, then menu bar came on and went back off. I let go of the power button and selected home and Amazon. Finally I got Amazon movies. 

userEboVD1Yq4r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!  Your solution worked for me too. 

Highlighted
userTPuJXg0H4c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here (Kauai, HI). I have spent hours on the phone and chat with Samsung and also with Amazon Tech support. Today I was on chat with Samsung and after going through the same shut down, start up, sign in again, yada yada and at the end of the session I was told that Samsung was going to issue a software update to the Amazon Prime Video app in the next two weeks. Anyone else heart this?

userF1l21SN2nM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have been having a similar problem with the prime video app, however the screen either is completely gray and if I select whatever the cursor is on and that will play but it's a total shot in the dark or selecting the app only gets a flashing "prime video" logo and nothing less happens. Any suggestions?

useru9O8zGynmA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In plug TV 30 seconds. Plug back on hold power button 25 seconds (do a spin Michael Jackson style) reopen app. Worked for me 

Sandicain
Constellation

O donfmz

JUMP TO SOLUTION

O donfmz

Evilik
Astronaut

It's badly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's badly

userZHvSCBn7LH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Both the (1) Deregister Device AND (2) unplugging TV for 1 minute (+holding down on button for 20 seconds) worked for me.  THANK YOU