JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 11-27-2019 07:17 AM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
Rene2255
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Como le cambio idioma a esto

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On the television go to menu > system > menu settings.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userpT7FMJcZvq
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Found that if I went into the apps store with all my apps .update the Amazon prime app then it actually came on for the first time . I'd get the whites dots for ages then it would just go off . 

0 Likes
userY7Cgt8OD3K
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Prime froze up and turning the tv off and on didn't work so I went to the apps icon and navigated to Prime. I clicked on it and chose to "Reload App". It fixed it. 

0 Likes
user0mIbjSRjWZ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried signing in and out of my Amazon Account. That didn't work. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. that didn't work. I unplugged my TV for one minute, then plugged it back in and pressed the power button on the Samsung remote and held it for 30 seconds and that did work for me.

0 Likes
usergyELi2gyPX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The solution bbelow is great but how long will that last. Deactivating is a pain! 

0 Likes
useruATLwPktHE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This one worked for me Jan. 28, 2020.

0 Likes
userh7sQsx1fQD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just held the remote off for 30 seconds and Prime was restored. 

0 Likes
userW5Pc66Vh9w
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem with my Samsung Q9FN TV. The Prime Video freezes everytime whenever I access Prime Video and click on any title. The only way to get around this problem is to do a cold-boot of my TV each time. With all the other apps (i.e Netflix and others)  I'm using Prime Video is the only one that I have problem with (freezing). What I have noticed was that the problem does get resolved by itself eventually if I left it on frozen for 10 mins and miraculously it gets unfrozen. I think the problem is with the Prime Video server hanging or it's waiting for something. I believe the Prime Video app or TV is not the culprit since it does get resolved by itself eventually if I waited long enough.

0 Likes
user3TgHHToDES
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sounds very similar to the issue I'm having on my 2019 frame. I have for the moment given up on using the prime-app and cast from my iPad instead. It's a bit annoying, hope there is some kind of fix coming soon.

0 Likes