JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 12-02-2019 10:50 AM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

142 Replies
user3OrZe4YmhH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This didn't work for me, but holding down the power button on the remote for 10  seconds did the trick.

0 Likes
userF9lSNUNuYh
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This one didn't work for me.  With TV on, I held power button down for 30 seconds. TV turned off, then back on, then menu bar came on and went back off. I let go of the power button and selected home and Amazon. Finally I got Amazon movies. 

0 Likes
userEboVD1Yq4r
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks!  Your solution worked for me too. 

0 Likes
usere5kuAuFxjL
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How can I go to Amazon settings if I can’t even get on the app!?!?!?!

0 Likes
useronAC08j9EH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do I find the amazon account in settings on my Samsung TV?

0 Likes
userVXWLf48ME8
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No, the settings are not on your TV. Instead, you go to the Amazon account and fix the Settings on your computer. Start at Amazon .com, get to your Prime account, proceed from there. When you Deregister your device within your account, the next time you select the Amazon Prime option on the TV, you will see a screen with a code to enter to re-register.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for the input!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useryT2KSGFDmI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is this a fix or a work around? It does not sound like a permanent fix to me?

Can someone tell me the problem will not come back, Samsung and Amazon need to work together to come up with an actual fix!

Consumers are paying good money for these high end TV’s that are problem prone, I have seen so many complaints on these HDTV's but to resolution to many of these issues.

0 Likes
userFOAJQ4mLvj
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Till next time! There's something about the Prime Video app and Samsung--they have a love-hate relationship. Sometimes the only solution is to use a Roku. And that defeats the purpose of having a Smart TV.

0 Likes
user8TZ0KJ53kI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not seen any answer to indicate if this is a Samsung or an Amazon issue.  As with others, I have an older Samsung and the Amazon app works fine, have used a FireTV stick and the Amazon app works fine, but on my brand new 4K UHD HDR Samsung, the Amazon app is nothing but a fustration.  When I purchased the new TV at first of the year the Amazon app worked ok, but in the past couple of weeks SOMETHING has changed with the app because I now have to power off the TV completely before switching to Amazon, otherwise it locks up every time.  So which is it -- an Amazon or a Samsung issue?  Can't address it if we do not know who the culprit is. Disgusted. 

0 Likes