JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 02-09-2019 02:05 PM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
142 Replies
user8YaaIDCWrO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Worked tx

0 Likes
userqf7dhDUxh9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After doing all of the above suggested solutions, I went to the Amazon app and updated the app itself, which solved the problem. Hope this helps someone else!

0 Likes
userkiBgITqGGR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Are you saying to sign out on TV? How can I do this? When I click on the app I just get a black screen. No option to do anything. 

0 Likes
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You go to your Amazon account on your computer and deregister your TV. Then close the app on your TV. When you open it, you will have to sign back in and it will work.

0 Likes
MCampy70
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yeah works for an hour, then i have to reset the SmarHub again, and again, and again. This is Stupid Hub

0 Likes
userdbIRnT79SB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Oldyellr wrote:

Okay, it looks like nobody here has a solution. But I just got another email from Samsung Support with the following suggestion.

"I suggest you to sign out and sign back into the app.

To sign out, select Settings [on Amazon account], from the left menu, and then select Deregister your Device. Close the app, reopen, and then enter your credentials to sign back in."

That worked!  I now have Amazon Prime Videos back and working.

I'm unable to sign back into the app, going back to the app I get the same screen that doesn't provide an option for signing back in, just the same "amazon" screen saying to contact if there are problems. I also tried clearing cache via unplug, hold down on button for 20 seconds after turning off (or on).  So frustrating.  Please help.

0 Likes
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userdbIRnT79SB wrote:

@Oldyellr wrote:

Okay, it looks like nobody here has a solution. But I just got another email from Samsung Support with the following suggestion.

"I suggest you to sign out and sign back into the app.

To sign out, select Settings [on Amazon account], from the left menu, and then select Deregister your Device. Close the app, reopen, and then enter your credentials to sign back in."

That worked!  I now have Amazon Prime Videos back and working.

I'm unable to sign back into the app, going back to the app I get the same screen that doesn't provide an option for signing back in, just the same "amazon" screen saying to contact if there are problems. I also tried clearing cache via unplug, hold down on button for 20 seconds after turning off (or on).  So frustrating.  Please help.

If I remember, when I wanted to sign back in on my TV after I derigistered it. I got a message with a code with instructions to sign in on my computer.

0 Likes
userxWbuKIscsI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had been using my prime video app from my Samsung smart tv for quite some time with no issues. Suddenly it stopped working tonight. After searching and trying a few different things... it seems that resetting the TV AND deregistering it from my amazon account worked. Hope this doesn't happen again as it wasted about an hour of my time but glad to have found a solution through this site.

0 Likes
userHl8RDw9Yqu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same thing, sometimes black screen, sometimes Amazon logo, but nothing more, but it had been working earlier.

Tried everything, power off tv and waited, remote power button for 30 secs, but to no avail.  

I also went to the amazon web site and cleared out all my amazon prime devices - notice this is NOT the same as you amazon devices (go figure!) and started all over again.

Eventually, I fixed the problem by doing all the above: 

1) Clear out all entries on the amazon PRIME web-site

2) Turn off TV for 1-2 minutes

3) Turn on, and then hold pwr button down for 30 secs

4) Go to setting and RESET your network settings

5) Connect to a different network (you might need to use your phone temporately to generate a network)

6) Start the Amazon app.  This triggered the "Select your location" followed by "Re-register app" screens in the app on the TV.

7) Enter correct location and code (provided by the web-site)

😎 Then configure your network on the TV back to normal

THAT worked for me.  I don't know exactly why all this is needed, but I guess the trick is to trigger a total reset/restart.  Not everybody will need all this, but I was without Amazon for month with multiple attampts - finally today I hit touchdown.

All my other devices have had no problems - this is only a Samsung TV related problem (I have both Samsung phones and tablets with no problems).

Good luck... 

userpLNXJdc56R
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

THANK YOU! Tried all other solutions and this did the trick!

0 Likes