JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 02-09-2019 02:05 PM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
142 Replies
Evilik
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's badly

0 Likes
userZHvSCBn7LH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Both the (1) Deregister Device AND (2) unplugging TV for 1 minute (+holding down on button for 20 seconds) worked for me.  THANK YOU

userYTjpb1Ho7L
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Deregister Device AND (2) unplugging TV for 1 minute (+holding down on button for 20 seconds) worked for me too.   Have to do this regularly for Amazon prime.   Samsung should really sort this!! Very annoying.

userqug3hxLQwr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Anyone with other suggestions? Prime has never loaded on my TV. Just goes back to the Smarthub. I have shut off and on, pushed the power button for 5, 25, and 30 seconds as listed in different posts, Reset the Smarthub, Looked for updates, the TV is not registered on Prime, as it has never been used for Prime, set DNS to 8888, unplugged TV for the night, plugged in, pushed power button, held power button, reset entire TV,  tried to watch Prime through the internet app and cried a lot......

0 Likes
userG2UNkk0G00
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried everything on this thread and it isn’t working. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
userrYceit8bGW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Your suggestion gave me a place to start - thanks.  But, I tried this and it didn't work.  Ended up rebooting my TV and Dish Hopper and was finally able to re-register.  

0 Likes
userMOEhFemySw
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have 

1. Switched off and on the TV unplugged etc

2. Done the same for router 

3. Deleted samsung account and reinstalled 

4. Deleted and reinstalled amazon prime 

5. I have 150mbps speed.

6. All other apps working 

What's the solution  

0 Likes
userUsEcIng6zU
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Oldyellr
@Oldyellr

I live in New Zealand and experiencing the same issues, I have tried all the suggestions here to no avail. Today I had an on line ‘chat’ with Samsung NZ and they said they had no knowledge of the issue, I forwarded them this link and was told US televisions have different software, I replied that whilst I appreciated this I was getting exactly the same issues with a notification of insufficient bandwidth. After a fruitless conversation where I reiterated all other television apps were working perfectly and I had also carried out a total reset, plus Prime Video is working perfectly on all other devises I surrendered as he could offer no further help. Frustrating! 

0 Likes
user5NdwY7CSFs
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OK so the below worked for me, my device wasnt registered so couldn't deregister it just had a Prime app screen saying wasnt connected to internet.

I went into samsung tv network settings and disconnected my wireless internet connection from my TV.

I then reconnected my internet back to TV and when I tried the Prime App it worked

0 Likes
user55rrGNpZCS
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am in the US.
I have a Q8 Series (65). This morning I attempted to load Prime.  Prime attempted to log on--quickly flashed and then would not respond to my attempts to reload. I reset the Smart Hub and reinstalled the Prime app. No change. The TV did not show as a device on my Prime account. So I disconnected my WIFI. Reconnected the WIFI. No change. I then turned the tv off for a few minutes. Once turned back on the Prime Video app responded and landed me on the sign in/register device screen.

very strange but it is working now.

0 Likes