Original topic:

Problem Playing Audio Portion of Video When Connecting TV to Laptop Computer

(Topic created: 11-23-2020 11:05 PM)
userNvaGOAacDX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear Friend,

I have a 2016 Samsung UHD Smart TV (KU700D) with the model number UN55KU700DFXZA, and I have been using it as a second monitor for an HP laptop computer on occasion. I have done so in order to display video that is playing in the computer onto the big screen as well, instead of just on the lapton's  small built-in monitor. However, whenever I have done so, I have not been able to send the video's audio to the television's built-in speakers. So, although the videos have played on the actual TV, the computer's speakers were the only ones playing the audio that was part of the video.

I figure that perhaps that is because I never installed a driver for my television on the laptop computer. Could installing the firmware that is available for download in the product support page for my particular TV in my laptop computer solve my problem? I am running Windows 7 in that laptop computer. Would that work-out okay?

Sincerely,

Natalie

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userNvaGOAacDX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear Samsung Moderator,

I had it connected through an HDMI cable. However, I figured out the solution to my problem by finding a video tutorial on the topic in the YouTube website. Basically, if I had my computer and my TV connected right now, and I was running an app that had video with audio in my computer, I could right click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar, near the clock, click on an option that lets me select the playback device for the sound, and then choose my TV's speakers as that device.

It worked out! Thanks for your assistance anyways.

Sincerely,

Nataly

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How do you have the laptop and the tv connected?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userNvaGOAacDX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear Samsung Moderator,

I had it connected through an HDMI cable. However, I figured out the solution to my problem by finding a video tutorial on the topic in the YouTube website. Basically, if I had my computer and my TV connected right now, and I was running an app that had video with audio in my computer, I could right click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar, near the clock, click on an option that lets me select the playback device for the sound, and then choose my TV's speakers as that device.

It worked out! Thanks for your assistance anyways.

Sincerely,

Nataly

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We're glad that you're up and running 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userNvaGOAacDX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dear Moderator,

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Nataly

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable