cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Problems controlling Pioneer receiver with Samsung's remote control

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm happy to shed some light on this issue. It IS samsumgs fault, but it CAN be fixed, at least in some cases.

I have a Samsung 4K Q60R QLED TV and a Pioneer receiver (VSX-515V) that I use as a home theather. The receiver is plugged to my TV through an optical cable. Everything used to work perfectly until I updated to the latest firmware, AND reformatted my TV. After the re-format, the volume on the remote never worked again....same errors as listed above. Samsung obviously messed something up with their update relating to the pioneer IR code datebase.

Now for the fix. The issue seems to be with the Pioneer IR code database so just find a receiver, that is NOT pioneer, that uses the same remote IR code as your receiver. I used this site "http://www.verizon.com/support/smallbusiness/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/122842.htm" and found that the brand "WARDS" uses the same IR code as mine (RCA, Optimus, Magnavox, Capetronic, ADC, and Yamaha all seem to have IR codes that may overlap with some of pioneer's too). I then followed the procedure on my TV again for linking my remote, but when asked for the brand just searched "WARDS". The first attempt failed but the second Wards code it tried powered off my receiver as expected. It now all works fine again!

Hope this helps someone...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brilliant!  Thank you so much for posting this.  I had to search and use "Optimus" for my Pioneer receiver model, but it powered off, and everything seems to be working now.   I had given up.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've hit the same problem with a Samsung Q60R and a Pioneer VSX 323. I've used the Pioneer option from the setup menu and find that it switches on/off the receiver no issue during its setup, however when I power the TV up/down it doesn't do anything to the receiver. Why does it work during a test and then fail when you do it for real - I don't really understand.

Our Receiver is essenitally just acting as an amp for our stereo speaker setup (Focal floor standers) and in the future a PS4 will be connected to it.

Currently audio is sent to the recevier / amp from the TV through HDMI ARC (port 4) and this works flawlessly - ARC needed to be enabled on the Pioneer Receiver for this to function but that was as easy as a menu option change.

What I'm trying to get working is the Universal Remote to let the TV remote switch on/off the receiver and TV and as I've said above the UR setup and testing of switching the receiver on/off works during the tests but doesn't work at all when I actually turn the TV off/on. It has no effect on the Recevier whatsoever and I can't understand why...