Original topic:

Protective Film on Television Set

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 07:01 AM)
useryrrqPPPaHz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bought a new television set last year and sometimes I feel that there is a protective film on the tv surround or even perhaps the whole screen.  That said, I am worried about trying to remove it lest I do some damage to the front of the set. Phoned support and the advice given was that if there is an indicator on the plastic then it is safe to pull it off. If not, pulling the plastic will damage the screen. 
Have just checked again and there definitely is a plastic film around the edge of the screen but as far as I can see there is no indicator to remove the apparent film which, btw covers the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen. Some advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
useryrrqPPPaHz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Model code:UE43TU7100KXXU

0 Likes
useryrrqPPPaHz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

D6C35D6A-64F2-4C61-A476-31D5C4BD214B.jpeg

0 Likes
useryrrqPPPaHz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

DF5D9578-7187-43B3-B9E3-C06D767BA17F.jpeg

0 Likes
useryrrqPPPaHz
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Manual states that film must be removed but chat supporter says I do so at my own risk!

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes