JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q800T - studder/judder and motion blur

(Topic created: 05-29-2020 06:35 AM)
userXh4ZVU6Es2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is my 2nd Q800T and the stuttering/ judder and motion blur on the TV is horrible. I can't get a smooth picture on this TV. I've checked all the self diagnosis on the TV and even bought new HDMI cables. 

Samsung Moderators: What do I need to do to get a TV that's not defective. I can't keep going to Best Buy and exchanging TVs every 2-3 weeks. I paid $5000 for the 75 inch after tax for this TV. I doubt this will matter but it's either upgrade to the Q900TS and give it a shot or get a refund and switch to LG. However, I'm not dishing out another $1,000 for the Q900TS and that would be downgrading in size to the 65 inch. 

I'm trying to stay with Samsung and give the company my business but if this is the quality being produced for the top end TVs being made.....you're making it really difficult to not switch to someone else. Someone message me if we can work something out or not so I can either upgrade or return this and get something that isn't terrible. I literally can't even watch this TV.

Thank you 

10 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can I have you send a picture or short video via private message? I would like to help get to the bottom of this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useriIF1B0oUaw
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

i have the same Problem (QE75Q800TATXZG). Stutter and Judder out of the box. I have tried every picture setting and every Motion Clarity Setting for hours.. (Judder slider.../Game Mode etc...). I cant get rid of the problem. Movies streamed over netflix or prime video with the built in apps look OK. But the problem ist really big on 720p/1080i DVB-C Signals or HDMI Signals from my IPTV-STB (=> And NO there isn't any problem with my DVB-C Signal or my ISP, my Old UE55F6750SS has no problems with the same setup). Sometimes the whole screen judders. Movement of people an their faces looks like they "twitching" => Like some frames are getting lost somewhere in the picture processing? Its nearly impossible to watch. I own this TV for 5 Days and i was extemely exited and payed 5400€ for this 75 inch model. Is there any software solution for this problem? Please tell that samsung is aware of this problem and is working on this. Otherwise I am thinking about returning this TV to the store. If a samsung technician need access to my TV to analyze this please let me know! I also can provide video footage if this would help. I am not an "angry customer", I am really interested in a solution. Please let me know!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

@useriIF1B0oUaw    Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

0 Likes
userHDxMVv8OBX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here with a QE65Q85R. You can turn it off, you can play with the settings, you can do whatever you want, but the image is terrible. The motion is not smooth/fluid, for examole, it is impossible to watch a football match without making you want to throw it out the window.

this is the reason why I am packaging it again to return it back and order a sony 65XG9505.

Even my 2008 edge led panasonic is much better handling the motion.

samsung please, FIX THIS with a new firm update or whatever. This is shameful

0 Likes
userXh4ZVU6Es2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would have thought with the 8K high end TVs this wouldn't be an issue. I mean come on, $5000 for a TV. If a TV cost that much I expect it to be flawless. All I'm asking Samsung for is an upgrade to the Q900TS and that's for the 65 inch. I currently have the 75 inch Q800T. To me, I don't think that's too much to ask. I told them I'd give them one last chance before leaving as a customer. You'd think they'd want to keep a customer who spends $5000 on a TV. If they can't do this for me I'm returning the TV and getting an LG or just get a refund and hook my 10 year old LG.

0 Likes
userI4xCUWnkph
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same problem on my q90r 65". It's driving me nuts. I 'only' spend 2000€ on this tv, for me that's a huge amount and I would have thought the 2019 flagship would handle motion flawlessly, just like my ks8000 that now hangs in my bedroom, but no. The studder is terrible on all motion settings. 
when I turn it off, on auto and custom (0,0), it keeps giving motion problems. I can't watch at all now and the euphoria of buying a new tv is replaced by regret.

Is there already a solution to this huge problem? If not I'm going to ask to replace this tv with an oled.

0 Likes
userXh4ZVU6Es2
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I don't know what Samsung did differently with the motion and judder. I have an old 55 inch 8000, I dont know which one but I bought it when the PS4 released so it's fairly old. I've never had any issue with motion, judder, clouding, screening nothing. The TV is flawless. I'm mind blow how it's 2020 with technology way more advanced and their TVs are worse than they were back then. 

0 Likes
fooldog01
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue on my brand new 65" Q80T. Its most prevalent while watching football on directv. I seem to have found triggers for it too. Whenever a graphic displays full screen and it then goes back to live action on the field, it looks like it drops to 15 fps for several seconds. I can rewind to before the graphic and when I play it back, the issue repeats. But if I rewind to just after the graphic, it plays completely smoothly. Very strange and VERY frustrating, since half the reason I got this expensive tv was for watching football.

0 Likes
Barry Chuckle
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there,

Did you actually get a solution for this? I noticed that the thread is marked with a solution tick but I can't see the actual solution. 

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks

0 Likes