cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userduVruu3QDI
Constellation

Q80R Sound Popping Issues

I'm having issues with the sound both coming from when I use my TV Speaker or Soundbar, like a popping sound. It's more noticeable on higher  volumes. It can go a while without doing anything, then it would start again. Happens when playing on my PlayStation 4 and when watching Netflix. I'm using a HDMI cable connected from HDMI 4 ARC slot to HDMI ARC on my Soundbar. 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q80R Sound Popping Issues

Thank you for reaching out, could I have the full model number for your TV and soundbar? Also, what kind of HDMI are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermfHSrNz2ZS
Constellation

I have the exact same problem,  and my friend with the exact same model (Q70) has the exact same problem.

The sound suddenly starts popping regardless of what I'm doing on the PlayStation 4 - even when I'm just on the menu screen. The problem started as soon as I took the TV out of the box and makes it completely unusable. Please help. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Does this only happen with the PS4, or with other inputs and Smart Hub apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermfHSrNz2ZS
Constellation

Only with PS4, I've tried it with HDMI 1 & 2 inputs with the same problem. Does not happen with any other Smart Hub apps or terrestrial TV. 

userduVruu3QDI
Constellation

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Thank you for reaching out, could I have the full model number for your TV and soundbar? Also, what kind of HDMI are you using?

Yes the TV model number is QE55Q80RATXXU, the sound bar model number is HW-J450/XU. I'm using a standard HDMI cable.

I made I mistake and said the popping happens when watching Netflix aswell but thats not correct, the sounds fine coming from TV Speaker and soundbar when using Smart Apps on the TV. Only when on my PlayStation 4 it occurs, gets really frustrating after a while and effects my experience. Didn't have any issues with my old Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

userrVD1mTqzvS
Astronaut

Any solution regarding the popping sound?

The only temporary solution is to unplug the power for 1 minute and it solve the popping sound for few hours then it's back again.. very annoying.

useriK7U2tnxPU
Constellation

Did you manage to get a resolution to this? I have just purchased Q80 and have same issue