JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q900 8K (QN82Q900RBFXZA): DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE 8K SUPPORT : XBOX SERIES X

(Topic created on: 11/11/20 12:09 PM)
userv393lPq1GM
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Finally thought I purchased a supported 8K device for my 8K Q900, MS XBOX SERIES X. And it doesn't work after multiple setting variations trying to get the 8K (30fps) to engage. Makes me entirely question if this TV actually supports 8K in ANY USEABLE fashion beyond the 8K DEMO included w TV. 

I will be reaching out to support whom I am sure will have me run thru all the setting variations I have tried, but perhaps one setting is eluding me. Anyone successfully configure this model with XBOX SERIES X? BTW I am currently running the latest firmware as well 1372.2

EMANUAL information states as : 

If Input Signal Plus is set to On:

7680 x 4320

24 / 30 8 bit / 10 bit *O *O *O *O

50 / 60 8 bit / 10 bit - - - *O

*: These specifications are supported for the HDMI 4 port. 

Use an HDMI cable that supports these specifications (Microsoft provided cable-XBOXSX)

Also I have tried on port x4 and port x1 of the One Connect unit, with no luck beyond 4K @ 120fps.

Within the XBOX menu it NEVER has displayed ANY SUPPORT under VIDEO SETTINGs for 8K for this TV.

5 Replies
userv393lPq1GM
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Contacted Samsung support and they stated they are waiting on Microsoft software update. So, I am currently awaiting a call back from MS. 

On another note I asked the support representative : "What device can I hook up to the HDMI 4 port for 8K useability?" He stated we do not have the listing of supported device as he is Troubleshooting only,hmm...So then I asked him "What devices have you TS on this TV for 8K?, he stated "none". I can only assume that would go for all of his team as I doubt this TV supports ANY 8K video beyond the demo it was shipped with. Last question to him "When will they release a new ONE Connect (basically truly supporting 8K) for this TV?" Again, he did not know as he was TS support only. Not product support. You would think that those two would go in tandem, huh. I guess I have an 8K LEMON series, or should I say SUCKER series for early adopting a 8K TV costing 10K. Extremely disappointed!

Solution
userv393lPq1GM
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/the-xbox-series-x-does-not-output-8k

Currently no support for 8K on Microsoft XBOX Series X.

Looks as if EVERYONE is getting into the 8K labeling (but not supported for years to come) business. I get it that no 8K content exists, but should companies like Samsung/Microsoft advertise something the product cannot support or takes more than 1 year to? It certainly would have changed my mind on purchasing an 8K TV as an early adopter.

But I really would love to know WHAT DEVICEs run on 8K for the Q900? Anyone had success?

View solution in context

userHx3rgFH6U1
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

They have tricked  us all

with this T.V. It does not have a 2.1 HDMI which is needed to unlock all

its potential I have called them as well...with only a runway and don't believe any other forums there is not a OCB that they will

swap U out with...10k for a tv that can't even display what's advertised...how does a FLAG SHIP TV That's one year old can't even display next GEN games then my tv screen is messed up the TV has been plugged up for 4 days!!! Already contacted customer service!!!

0 Likes
userS61yvJew9N
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I had the same issue...

Solution- use HDMI port 4 on your one connect box.

it's the only one that supports hdmi2.1 and can support 120hz/4k

0 Likes
userS61yvJew9N
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It does support it, use port 4 I had the same issue 

0 Likes