cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Q900 Dolby Atmos Support (ARC vs. eARC)

Will my TV (QN65Q900RBFXZA) allow for Dolby Atmos audio using the OneConnect ARC port?  I've been reading Samsung hasn't released an update for eARC capability.  Honestly, I am not sure what the differences between ARC vs. eARC and if it will be an issue.  I purchased the QN65Q900RBFXZA model in December 2019.  I just ordered the Sonos Arc which supports Dolby Atmos but not sure if my TV is going to become the issue.

Any feedback, thoughts, opinions and advice will be very appreciative! 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q900 Dolby Atmos Support (ARC vs. eARC)

I am curious about this also. I have not yet purchased the Sonos Arc but I am concerned it will not work properly with my TV. I have the Q80R, so a little different but I am sure the answer for both are the same. 

Constellation

I also own a Q900r and want to purchase a sonos Arc.  Currently the TV states that dolby atmos is not supported by the TV so Im very skeptical if it will work with the sonos arc soundbar.  I held off buying the Samsung q90r soundbar as well because Samsung have not released the eARC update.

@useriLln61rZS, pls advise if your sonos works fine

Highlighted
Constellation

Received my Sonos arc today and connected it to my Q900R HDMI-ARC port. This is the result:

Apple TV 4K connected to the TV does not give Dolby Atmos. Only DD. 

Native Netflix App on TV only offered Atmos after playing something in Prime, changing the sound settings to DD+ 

No other native apps or connected devices will play Atmos. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is extremely frustrating. 

It sounds like we will have the same setup. 

Samsung said ina video they would be releasing an eARC update for the Q90r soundbars AND TVs 

they have release the eARC update for the soundbar however they still haven't come up with the tv version. 

I have always been loyal to Samsung but if there's a possibility they can unlock the power of an eARC hdmi port just from an update they need to hurry up !!!!!

PEOPLE NEED ATMOS 

PEOPLE NEED ATMOS

PEOPLE NEED ATMOS 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I got my arc yesterday and had similar results.

Dolby digital plus wouldn’t even allow me to select in the settings using native Samsung TV apps with exception of Disney Plus (Frozen 2 of all things)!  Even then, I didn’t get Atmos.. just DD+.

I will try the trick to see if the Netflix will play Atmos.

@SamsungBri how can we bump this up the chain for Samsung to pay attention?  These are expensive, top of the line TVs! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm in the same boat as you guys, twenty years of Samsung loyalty, but after stupidly going all in on all this loyalty by buying a flagship 8k $$$$ tv I find no earc support and therefore no Atmos for my uhd player and most of my streaming and also I hear this tv doesn't support the forthcoming codec for streaming 8k content. Unless something changes I'm tapping out forever after two decades and joining LG 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I bought $$$$ 8k 75inch Q900R and was promised EARC update coming, but so far nothing. Samsung- Please listen and dont disappoint customers especially on your "Flagship" 8k product.

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought the 75Q900R but unfortunately I don't have any other device with eARC at the moment. I was also planning on buying the Sonos Arc in a couple of days. Supposedly the HDMI 4 on the tv supports HDMI 2.1 (while HDMI 3 is standard ARC), according to rtings. Can any of you confirm this? Does connecting your Sonos Arc to HDMI 4 instead of HDMI 3 change anything?

Highlighted
Asteroid

VERY FRUSTRATING. NEED EARC- SAMSUNG- PLS. LISTEN TO YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS.