cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwTMwpW73a8
Cosmic Ray

Q900 Soundbar and Devices Connections for Atmos

Hi,

So I've read all about my 2019 Q900 not being capable of playing Atmos and that there's a very small hope that Samsung will do a firmware update (1324.1) "soon" that might allow the TV to be capable with eARC. But the chipsets aren't really the right ones anyways. I did read that some fellow Q900 owners are able to get Atmos to play by connecting directly to the Soundbar. 

I've tried this and my Soundbar shows Atmos but the sound quality is horrid. On the TV, the Expert Settings only allow me to choose PCM and no DD or DD+. What am I missing?

I took my Sony X700 Blu-Ray and connected Ultra  HDMI 2.1 8K compatible cable (all my cables are these) from the Out (Video and Audio) on the Player and connected directly to the HDMI on my Nakamichi Soundwafe Pro 7.1 that got the Atmos/DTS:X upgrade. Then I have an HDMI connected in the Soundbar's ARC to the OneConnect Box's ARC. I play an Atmos content 4K blu-ray and the Soundbar shows Atmos but the TV shows PCM and the sound is really bad. Not an Atmos experience. 

I feel like I connected everything right and the settings on the BluRay player are correct but I really could use somebody with more expertise here. Any advice? 

2 REPLIES 2
PJNT
Asteroid

Re: Q900 Soundbar and Devices Connections for Atmos

The TV will show the audio settings between itself and the soundbar over ARC, not the audio setting between the bluetooth player and soundbar.

userwTMwpW73a8
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q900 Soundbar and Devices Connections for Atmos

I understand that, however, it still doesn't sound like Atmos, even though my Soundbar shows Atmos is playing. So what is failing? The TV?