cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Q90T DSE ?

I really love my Q90T and specifically got it for gaming. Finally got my Series X, put the Q90T on game mode and noticed  bright spot at the upper left corner of the screen. Didn't notice it before because I haven't used game mode until now. Also noticed when I'm not in game mode, its very minimal to the point I could deal with it. My question is, is this DSE or something else ? It has become one of those, can't unsee it things.20201124_030240.jpg

For some strange reason, the picture post upside-down no matter what I do, so the issue appears at the lower right of the picture instead of upper left.

3 REPLIES 3
Astronaut

Re: Q90T DSE ?

It seems that gamemode makes DSE much worse. I thought my panel was decent I did a grey test and yes i have a couple horizontal lines but they are very fient and not noticable BUT when in gamemode they are very noticable. People have reported scroling lines I don't have that but it just seems like game mode makes imperfections worse.

Also I swear the screen was getting darker and darker in game mode. Just a super frustrating experience.

Asteroid

I've noticed Game Mode enhanced the spots. When game mode not on, its very faint and I could live with it. I got this TV for gaming, kind of disappointed. 

Cosmic Ray

The reason for this is because Samsung breaks Local Dimming in Game mode.  I don't get why, sony local dimming works just as it does outside of game mode.  They might save a few ms of input latency for a inferior picture, it drives the community nuts but samsung doesnt care about their customers.  

Local dimming outside of game mode works better to hide those uniformity issues.  Folks have repalced their panels multipe times to only get worse ones.  Samusng has major QC issues, last TV I ever purchase from them been super dissapointed.  Just wait until you start seeing the inverse ghosting...  Each day i run into anothr issue with these models, it amazes me.

https://youtu.be/AdUj8jI__t0