JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T Xbox Series X Display Issue When Running Games @ 4K 120hz

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 08:28 AM)
TheeEdge
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

While playing Xbox Series X Games running 4K @120hz my screen randomly goes black every minute or so for about 5 seconds, then resumes playing.

Running games 4K @ 60hz seems to work OK.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
8 Replies
TheeEdge
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Update - Also now having the same issue running 4K @ 60hz. I'll keep troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Rivs11
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I think none of these TVs with HDMI 2.1 can handle the power of the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X. Over the last couple of days I've heard numerous reports about people having the same issues.
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a Q70T and when I switch games or to settings on my series X it flickers black but not in game, unfortunately my Picture clarity settings for judder reduction turns off tho, does yours work, games like rdr 2 are choppy on series X compared to the picture clarity with my Xbox one X, does yours work? Also check if you have latest firmware update, could be the cable or the Port, 

0 Likes
TheeEdge
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm currently running what I now suspect to be a cheap quality 8K 48MBPS cable between the Xbox and TV, therefore, I ordered a top of the line cable hoping this will resolve the issue.

Note: My existing cable is fairly long (over 10 feet) so this could very well be causing latency and handshake issues. I've learned that in some cases cheap cables at that length are mostly garbage unless you purchase top of the line which of course can get expensive.

So here is a summary of my current situation:

1) Auto game mode is now corrupted (keeps switching back and forth between game mode on/off while playing a game). Turning OFF Auto game mode helps but does not solve the #2 issue below.

2) While playing a game, TV will intermittently go black for approximately 5 seconds, then game resumes.

3) All other apps (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) I have not had any issues with.

0 Likes
usernv5BxlwpHB
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Interested to hear what you find.  Having the same issue.  I planned on testing with the cable provided with xbox but would have to take the TV off the wall to do so.

0 Likes
usernv5BxlwpHB
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Swapped out the cable with no improvement.

0 Likes
usernv5BxlwpHB
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Works fine on my 60Hz TCL 5-Series.  Hope this gets sorted by Samsung and\or Microsoft soon.

0 Likes
Solution
TheeEdge
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Swapped out a lesser known brand cable for a top of the line and test proven cable and all works well for now! After researching cables I went with the AudioQuest Pearl 5.0m 8K-10K 48Gbps HDMI Cable (16.4ft)

Although it was very expensive I suppose you get what you pay for. BTW, I also read that Zestkit hdmi cables are also top notch and much cheaper so you may want to try that  one out first. If it doesn't work, then return it and go with the AudioQuest brand.

View solution in context

0 Likes