Original topic:

Q90t not running HDR on PS5 in 4k/120???

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 11:36 AM)
chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I copied this from another consumer, trying to find out if this is a hardware issue or a software update before my return period is over.....SAMSUNG PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS FOR ALL INQUIRING USERS!!!!!!!!

I've seen a reoccurring problem with new ps5 owners and the Q90T. The Q90T is able to output 4k 120hz with no problems. For some reason the Q90T can't output HDR along with with 4k 120hz signal. I know the PS5 is maxed out at 4:2:2 for 4k 120hz, is there any way the Q90T can play 4:2:2 HDR with 4k 120hz?

0 Likes
14 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look further into this can I have the TV's full model number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
????
0 Likes
chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
QN55Q90TAFXZA
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

After looking through the user manual there is nothing about it not be able to support HDR and 4K 120Hz but also keep in mind that there can be limitations on the console that is causing this issue to occur, for more information about the refresh rates please look at the user manual on page 103 and down: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202011/20201116112509205/KT2ATSCT-2.1.5_EM_KANTS_USA_E...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Are you using the cable included with the PS5 console or an Ultra High-Speed Cable that is rated for 4K 120Hz output? 
Is the PS5 console directly connected to the TV by HDMI, or to a receiver or other piece of intermediary equipment that could be affecting the signal? 
Is the PS5 Screen and Video > Video Output > Resolution set to Auto or 2160p? 
Is the PS5 Screen and Video > Video Output > 4K Video Transfer Rate set to Auto?

And are you making sure the PS5 Is plugged into port 4? 

Also in the settings make sure that HDMI mode is set to 2.1. 

0 Likes
daire_mccormack
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi, as chuckh03 has said this is not an issue with a specific TV or even specific model but with all of Samsungs 2020 OLED TVs. None of them are currently capable of outputting 4k 120hz with HDR with the Playstation 5, while other TVs (such as the LG CX) can do this. This has been reported on multiple forums and through various news channels so is a known issue and will only be solved with a firmeware update. 

Can you please investiate let us know if Samsung is working on this problem and expects it to be resolved? 

chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Thanks again Daire, see comment below Caleb (shldve simply replied)
0 Likes
chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
??
0 Likes
chuckh03
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
See below...the tv is capable I'm aware, there's an issue with it on the PS5 only but not a console issue bc it doesn't have the issue on the LG CX for example so has to be the Samsung line
0 Likes