Original topic:

QLED Q80T - light "checkerboard" on left side of screen

(Topic created on: 11/24/20 6:34 PM)
userK9ltlqEPDn
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello.  I just purchased a QLED Q80T about 2 weeks ago.  I've noticed that in the left side of the screen, in the center, there's a faint grid or "checkerboard" pattern that is particularly noticeable when the screen is a uniform color.  The picture below gives a good example.  It appears on any source (apps, blu-ray, satellite TV, Roku).   Does anyone have any idea what it might be or how to make it go away?  It's rather distracting

SAMSUNG Q80T Screen.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
userIdkeHXti6G
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a similar display issue. My Q80T 50" was delivered on 11/21. I don't know if I just didn't notice it until now, but there are 2 dark areas in the middle of the screen, one middle bottom one almost directly in the center. The picture was taken while in ambient mode, but they show up everywhere since it seems like a physical display issue.

.20201125_232547.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, if this happens on all sources I would recommend taking this back for an exchange as the TV is still so new. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes