cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdgtL7j0zlD
Asteroid

QR70 Issues

I purchased a 2019 QLED QR70 this December (2019). I constantly have a problem wherein I'll turn the TV off with the remote and when I return later and turn it back on it locks up, will not play sound (I'm using a Sonos Playbar through the optical audio output), and I have to physically unplug the TV from the outlet to get it to work again. Simply shutting it off does not work to reset it, I have to actually unplug it. 

I am using the wireless WiFi through the TV. 

Does this TV need a Firmware update (there are no updates available to me at this time), or is this a defect in my TV?  

Any assistance would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: QR70 Issues

Could I have your current firmware version? Also to just clarify the sound from the TV it selfs stops working or from both the TV and the soundbar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVdgbOH5wJ6
Constellation

Version 1335

Yes, No sound at all during those episodes.  In addition to it locking up, on two occasions today it just shut itself completely off.  

Thank you

userdgtL7j0zlD
Asteroid

Version 1335

Yes, No sound at all during those episodes.  In addition to it locking up, on two occasions today it just shut itself completely off.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you had a chance to try a different HDMI? Also, does this happen when using an app on the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userdgtL7j0zlD
Asteroid

Thanks for the reply. 

I am not using an HDMI. This is with WiFi streaming using apps on the TV (Direct TVNow, Netfix, ESPN, etc). 

Unfortunately, I can not use my Amazon Firestick in the HDMI for streaming because the picture becomes too dark when doing it that way, which is another problem.  That is why I am streaming directly with the TV and not using HDMI. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

userdgtL7j0zlD
Asteroid

I sent my serial number via private message. Thanks