cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

RU-8000 w/Yamaha soundbar no audio at power-up

New RU8000 was fine with optical audio.  Then I connected it via HDMI/ARC input to allow it to control power to the soundbar via the remote and lost all audio to bar.  TV audio OK.  Tried all fixes with onboard changes to audio settings.  TV was recognizing HDMI in, but no audio out.  So I unplugged what I thought was the soundbar power plug and later found it to be the RU-8000 plug and voila!  HDMI audio.  It worked fine until the next morning at power up, no audio.  Unplugged and replugged TV power and audio returned to soundbar.  Something is resetting at the plug-in to allow the HDMI/ARC to operate properly.  The plug is difficult to get to and I shouldn't need to unplug/replug in my new $1300 TV to make it work. HELP!  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RU-8000 w/Yamaha soundbar no audio at power-up

Have you tried a factory reset of the television? 

Please provide go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Only resets I find available are Smart Hub for wifi and audio/picture.  Where is factory reset?  BTW, had to unplug/replug the TV again this morning.  Interestingly, I can shut the tv off (which includes the sound bar) mid-day and come back hours later and it restarts just fine.  So something is happening overnight that is not allowing the soundbar to come back properly.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Settings>General>Reset>Enter PIN(Default is 0000) is where the factory reset is.

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version on the television.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Reset is grayed out.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try switching to the TV source or HDMI input(not Smart Hub) and then try the reset again.