cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

RU7100 Screen Dark on the Right Side

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my un55ru7100fxza TV screen where the right side of the screen is far darker than the rest of the screen, the lower right corner is also darker than the top right corner.

I've tried different external devices/sources, ran through the diagnostic options, checked the HDMI cable etc. The problem started yesterday and it is even worse today. 

I bought the TV in July of 2019. This appears to be an issue affecting a lot of people: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Left-side-of-my-tv-screen-is-way-darker-then...

Is there any resolution? A TV going out 4 months after the warranty expired should not happen.

2 REPLIES 2
Constellation

Re: RU7100 Screen Dark on the Right Side

Welp. Today the left side of the screen did the same thing. And minutes ago the entire TV went black. This happening to a TV less than 2 years old is ridiculous. It happening to MANY TV's in the same time period is disgraceful. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RU7100 Screen Dark on the Right Side

I'm sorry to hear that, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.