cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

RU8000 image pixelation

Hello, 

I've been having an ongoing issue with my 75" RU8000 and I want to see if anyone else here has experienced this problem as well. I purchased the TV new in May 2019. About once a week for the last 4 months the TV's picture just seems to get extremely pixelated at random times ( I dont know if thats the correct term but thats how I could roughly describe it). Only way I have been able to clarify the issue is by turning off and unplugging the tv for a few moments. 

This has happenes randomly with all input sources. Watching over the air channels, playing PS4, or while using an Nvidia Shield. Once its the problem starts if i change the input source to any other source the problem continues. Only way to fix is to reset the TV. 

I've chatted with a Samsung rep this last time it happened and was told to disconnect everything and power cycle the tv which does fix it but this feels like it could be a bigger problem as its happening almost weekly now. 

TV is wall mounted and connected to a belkin surge protector. Samsung rep told me this could be an issue but I previously had a 65" MU8000 and a 75" NU8000 connected in the past to the same surge protector and never had an issue. 

Here are a few pictures of the problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

RU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problemsRU8000 image problems

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RU8000 image pixelation

We are sorry to hear about this. Do you see the same issue if you are running any of the internal Smart Hub apps? Are your devices connect directly to the television, or through a soundbar or hub?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

To answer your questions, Yes it also happens while using the Nexflix app as well. 

My devices are connected dirrectly to the back of the TV as follows:

HDMI 1 - Nvidia Shield

HDMI 2 - Samsing UBD-M8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player

HDMI 3 - Sony PS4

HDMI 4 - Samsung HW-N650 Panoramic Soundbar (nothing connected to soundbar HDMI passthrough).

Thanks again, 

Mario

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you seeing this pixelization  from any of the Smart Hub apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Only App I use regularly is Netflix and it does happen as well. Vudu and YouTube I rarely used so it has not happened with those. But Netflix yes, multiple times. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

You will need to factory reset your TV. This should be a fix, if not the panel is defective and you will need to exchange the TV.