JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 07:04 PM)
userUm4WvGg0lK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

93 Replies
kyle817
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Try to talk to the mods here.  They have tried to help and at least attempted to get mine repaired.  

kyle817
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Another update

Surprise, they didnt help.  Samsung has made 5 different offers to me. 

They offered 330, but said they could review the proof of purchase and change the offer.  

They then offered 290. 

They then called me, unsolicited, and changed the offer to $744.  I accepted and completed all paper work.  

They then called me AGAIN and changed the offer BACK to $330.   I complained and they said they would try and find out  why.  They even said this offer seemed too low and not to worry...

They called me today and the offer is....$290 again.  Im starting to feel like I'm being pranked.  

user6DOmbgS9De
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope they give you a decent refund.

Final update on my TV:

I went to Best Buy and provided them the RA number that Samsung support gave me. Finally got a full refund (incl taxes) on my BestBuy store credit.

I hope the mods here help out everyone. 

0 Likes
userJRnf7DWS3d
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm having the same problem that just propped up today!!! Wow, same thing as everyone, this was purchased in 2017. Seems like a trend of a faulty panel. I'm in Canada and when I contact Samsung they told me to bring it to a local repair shop that the agent provided me, which I assume is an authorized service center. Is this the first step that my American friends are told to do from Samsung?

0 Likes
user6DOmbgS9De
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not really, mods here opened a ticket for me, then I got an email saying that the parts are back ordered and then moved my ticket to refund department (as parts were not available). Finally got a full refund via BestBuy store credit. 

I hope the mods help you out. 

0 Likes
userqG3IMnWhBb
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, if anyone can tell me what happened to my tv, I would gladly appreciate it. One morning I went to turn on the tv and the screen just start to go crazy. I can still hear sound but the screen is completely gone. I have never dropped the tv. Model is un49ks85004E6DDBE0-C2FC-406F-8E41-6EA2C9BED0F9.jpeg

kyle817
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It is junk now.  Samsung mods will try to help here possibly, as they tried to set up a repair for me for free.  Unfortunately the repair was cancelled because they claim they cant get the parts to fix it, so I was offered a partial refund of about 1/5 of what I paid for my TV.   This was after they changed the offer about 5 times and lowered it after I accepted one offer....

Samsungs customer service is a joke.  The mods here tried to help so Ill give them that.  Otherwise Samsung treated me like 💩

0 Likes
userugQFTgBw90
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Any further update?  I've been dealing w/ Samsung for over a month, very similar.  Was first told I'd get an out of warranty repair.  Then was told they no longer make the part.  Offered me $130 rebate or the same or comparable tv exchange.  I choose exchange, they said they'd get back to me.  A week later called and offered me a specific tv, gave me the model number.  I accpeted.  Then I get a text offering me $130, I said no, another call yesterday offering me $130 again, I said no.  This morning I received one for $230.  I said no and I want the exchange I was offered.  I'm getting tired of the back and forth run around.  Has anyone had any better success?  

0 Likes
kyle817
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Good luck. They never offered me an exchange. They made several different money offers, revoked them when I accepted and offered me a 50% off coupon that they eventually told me did not exist when I called to accept it.

I eventually accepted their first and lowest offer of $290. I took that money and put it towards a Sony X900H. I'm done with Samsung.
0 Likes
userL8xoUMO2V5
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Paid $1800 for this tv in 2017, it's out of warranty and I get green and blue vertical lines. Sound still works.  kind of getting tired of Samsung and their junk lately.  Is there a fix for this  ?