cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55KS8000 - sourcing BN96-39234A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Users. If anyone is experiencing similar symptoms as other users in the post. Please private message one of our moderators with the following information and we will look into this situation further on a case by case basishttp://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Full Model Code: 

Serial Number:

Pictures of the Lines: 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Constellation

UN55KS8500FXZA | Vertical coloured lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

I am experiencing vertical coloured lines on my Samsung UN55KS8500FXZA bought in 2016.

The TV has been superb so far until today from nowhere the screen gets dark and coloured vertical lines come up.

Attached image of screen.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Prince Kaushal6DA90D84-961B-428D-BEBE-C7441989A152.jpeg

Highlighted
Constellation

KS8500 Vertical lines appear from any image on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have been using my UN65KS8500F mainly as a computer monitor for the last couple of months with a brand new PC I just built. Today I turned the TV on for the first time in a few weeks and everything was fine, then within about 3 minutes the picture got blurry and had vertical lines showing from anywhere on the screen that wasn't black. Even if I move the mouse cursor, within a few seconds a vertical line will appear and stretch to the top of the screen. I've power cycled the TV, did a hard reset and nothing is fixing this issue. 

I'm guessing this is a board issue and not a panel issue, but does anyone have any more info for me to go off of?  I know this TV is out of warranty by now. But considering how many Samsung products I own now, and have in the past I would hope they might be able to help me out with getting this repaired. 

Lines in Action!!Lines in Action!!Here is the link to the .gif I made  

Empty DesktopEmpty DesktopNew LinesNew Lines

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: KS8500 Vertical lines appear from any image on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Only thing you can do is get in contact with Samsung and complain. Be a Karen about it. When it comes to stuff like this, being a Karen gets you a new screen
Highlighted
Constellation

KS 8000 will only show vertical lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UN55KS8000 that I bought brand new from Fry's Electronics a couple of years ago. The TV now will only display vertical blue and green lines.  This is beyond disappointing for a TV that cost nearly $1,400 plus $100 in tax. Sent a PM but no response yet. After 15 years of owning  Samsung TVs, I may not be buying Samsung products anymore  IMG_9143.jpeg

Highlighted
Constellation

55" Samsung TV UN55KS8000F Vertical green lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have owned the UN55KS8000F Samsung 55" TV for a couple years now, suddenly a few days ago it stopped displaying a picture, sound continued but instead green vertical lines were displayed on the screen: -

20201004_150420_HDR.jpg

I believe the TV is now out of warranty, but this doesn't seem like an adequate lifetime for a TV with the pricetag I paid.

Is there anything that can be done?

Kind regards,

Simon

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 55" Samsung TV UN55KS8000F Vertical green lines

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see there are other similar posts to mine, fairly frequently in fact.

Is there some kind of further action I need to take to get something done?

Highlighted
Constellation

UN55KS8000 - sourcing BN96-39234A

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My four year old UN55KS8000 died yesterday, with the seemingly familiar multicolored vertical bands (sound is OK). I'm out of warranty, but I opened up the case and saw two blown resistors on a board labeled BN96-39234A. I Google'ed and most eBay sources have run dry for this part -- anyone know where I can source one? 

FWIW, I'm not the first person to have the exact same resistors die (R043, R044). TV was working fine and died about 2 minutes into turning it on. Come on Samsung!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Users. If anyone is experiencing similar symptoms as other users in the post. Please private message one of our moderators with the following information and we will look into this situation further on a case by case basishttp://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Full Model Code: 

Serial Number:

Pictures of the Lines: 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Full Model Code: UN55KS8000FXZA
Serial Number: <hidden>
Pictures of the Lines: very betwewen green horizontal from the bottom, and all over  and total vertical multicolored