Original topic:

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

(Topic created on: 11/7/20 7:03 AM)
userUm4WvGg0lK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

92 Replies
userslXUXropdi
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Dear @SamsungBri,

I sent you a message with the information you requested in your above post, hoping to hear back from you soon. 

A few days ago, I turned on the TV to find the screen filled with nothing but vertical lines. I tried all inputs with no luck. I bought the TV for my mom around 4 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 to 4 year mark.

My family has been loyal to Samsung for many years, and this is the first time I've felt like Samsung has really have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family ($1,600 with tax), needless to say, I am really disappointed. I bought this TV for my mom, as she is a full time care taker for my younger brother who has pretty severe special needs. Especially with COVID ongoing, she can't have anyone come help her with my brother, as they are both at high risk, so her Samsung TV has been a real lifeline for her and really adds more joy to her life than a typical customer.

Will you please provide a solution?

0 Likes
useriGCsukMrTh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a vertical grey line on all channels and Prime and Netflix.  

I have run all the diagnostics and had a visit from a authorized service center.  The techs said this is a problem with this model and that I should contact Samsung to arrange for a new panel at no charge.  Labor to install would be charged to me.  

I called Samsung yeserday and was on hold for 2 hours and 15 minutes.  I am reaching out to you for a solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Dtoxz-
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hey guys! 

I bought a samsung ks9000 directly from the manufacturer and just the other day, these inconsistently patterned green lines popped up on my screen. So far, it only seems to happen in the first few minutes of starting the TV. It goes away after a reset (or a few resets) and so far hasn't come back unless i power the TV down for a while then turn it back on. 
I removed the one connect box while powered on, and it seemed to fix the issue for me one time, but I know the panel does a refresh once reconnected so I'm not sure what the cause of the issue could be. No matter the input, it still appears, once even without the one connect box connected to the TV (showing up on the error message itself).
Having said that, does anyone know what the issue could be or what I could do to further troubleshoot it? 
I've come to the unprofessional conclusion that it may be the power supply. Any thoughts?

All I know is I bought this TV only 3 years ago and I'm out of warranty. If this is unfixable, I'm going LG and telling all my customers to as well. Severely disappointed in samsung right now. 

Edit: Mods please reach out if you can, I'd love to resolve the issue. 
MISTERDIEABETIC
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Did you ever find out anything about this issue? I posted about my tv doing the exact same thing as yours a few weeks ago and I never got any answers. Although my issue did disappear for a few weeks until it started again yesterday. 

0 Likes
Dtoxz-
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
No they deleted my original post so I'm gonna go with another brand and not buy any more Samsung products ever
0 Likes
userTWHGXYEoUW
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

the ever-growing list of chronic Samsung KS8000 folks who are experiencing the twitch/glitch. That is where when the TV has been on for a period of time the picture flashes colors and moves slightly up and down, and it appears there is NO SOLUTION. 

I’ve own the 55” Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV for almost 4 yrs to date. Up to now, we've been super happy with the product. So happy that I've recommended the product to everyone who comes over. My FIL bought one, my coworker did, and so did a few friends. I have been a faithful Samsung TV customer and advocate--until now. The issue I’m experiencing is exactly that same as in the video from the OP and have it well documented in video and stills.20201103_224345.jpg

0 Likes
useri0pxRTuvMN
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

They know these products are bad and they refuse to do anything about them. More or less sums up corporate America at this point. See below. I am currently on hold for 40 minutes waiting for a "supervisor". Their story changes every 48hrs when dealing with them.  

image0 (1).png

0 Likes
userugQFTgBw90
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Anyone had any luck?  I sent a message several days ago to the moderator as stated in the beginning of this thread, but never heard back.  Not sure what steps to take next, but pretty annoyed that I'm on the hunt for a new TV after 4 years.  

0 Likes
userTWHGXYEoUW
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I got a message from a moderator, which I replied to and never heard anything else.

0 Likes
userdXtDo9T2P9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Purchased in Dec 2016, really sad to see this happen.  Spent the extra on a good brand like Samsung for the longevity.  Seems to be a really prevalent issue in the KS8000 series.  If any mod is around I would love to get this fixed. :(

IMG_1304.jpgIMG_1306.jpg

0 Likes