JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

(Topic created on: 8/2/20 10:14 PM)
userUm4WvGg0lK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
91 Replies
PureEcipse13
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I had success getting it to a repair shop a few weeks ago after samsung offered a 1 time repair paying for parts and labor, then today I got a text message from samsung saying because it couldn't be repaired they are offering me a refund of $215, that to me is a slap in the face for the amount I paid for this tv and as many problems as Ive seen on this forum over the years with the exact same problem, its obviously a defective product to only last 3 years.

0 Likes
userjX6BiVQlfr
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userUm4WvGg0lK wrote:

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

So Clearly Samsung has an issue with this model of TV...

Lines when the Television is turned onLines when the Television is turned on

0 Likes
Blanblan
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I fixed the problem yesterday following this video: https://youtu.be/i8O_IUepTVs

It took me maybe 20 minutes to replace the 2 burned parts, but it cost me a bit less than 3 euros :face_with_rolling_eyes: (I'm living in France).

Crazy why Samsung don't want to admit this known issue...

Is working on 55" and 65" KS7000 KS7500 KS8000 KS9000 KU6680. The resistors is need between 22 - 60 ohm. Pease see the video 2(the final result). Whoever tr...
0 Likes
Pooslanger
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Samsung agree to repair my TV is a courtesy due to this issue being widespread. They set up a repair company and I had an appointment for them to come out two weeks later for the repair. After sending the Samsung rep photos of the issue and then again sending the repair shop photos a week prior to my appointment to confirm what the problem was, the repair tech still arrived unprepared (he even came in and starting looking at my fridge as if that was the problem). He turned on the TV, took some more photos and called it in to get approval from Samsung. Samsung once again agreed that the panel needed to be replaced. How that already was not established I'll never know, that way the repair tech could be prepared. The tech stated he didn't have a replacement panel available and would need to order it... estimated at 2 more weeks. Two weeks pass and I call Samsung today for an update. They tell me they can't order the part and tried to exchange the TV for a "comparable" TV, whatever that means to them. Then, they tell me they don't have any TVs in stock for the exchange so now they'll have to just give me a pro-rated refund based on the value of my TV. That amount......$184.20. What a slap in the face for what was, at the time, a top tier TV that has a KNOWN ISSUE. Samsung is still not recognizing this as a faulty panel and refuses to take any real responsibility. I guess I'll have to take my $184.20 and place it towards a new LG or Sony. I'm done with Samsung.
0 Likes
user5t4Sl6XtFL
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a samsung un55ks8000 with blue and green vertical lines. I seen this is a big issue with this model. Has anyone received a good solution to this issue? 

0 Likes
user6DOmbgS9De
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 55inch Samsung ks8000 TV started displaying vertical lines on the screen, it's been just 3 years and I'm not sure what went wrong. We use a lot of Samsung products in our house and they never failed us. It's really disappointing, please provide a solution/fix. 

IMG_20200727_212313.jpg

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We're sorry to see that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

user6DOmbgS9De
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you. I have sent the requested information via private message. Please help out. 

0 Likes
kyle817
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@SamsungBri  has been helping me so far with this issue.

My tv all of a sudden (ks8500 -55 inch) started showing the green lines on any input.  Its useless, and I paid over $1000 around 2.5 years ago.  Luckily I found this forum where others have the same issue.  

A one time repair was set up for me and every time I called to check, it would tell me parts were ordered and in the process of being shipped.  Eventually,  it said the parts had been received if I remember right, but then the next day my samsung service transaction number didnt exist when i called. 

I got ahold of someone who told me the repair was canceled and my claim had been transferred to the exchange/refund department.   They called me today and offered a very weak $230 refund.   That won't even come close to helping me replace the faulty tv.  

Hoping @SamsungBri or someone else can help me.  I don't want to give up on samsung, but if this is the end result it makes me very leary of buying anymore samsung TVs.  

0 Likes
user6DOmbgS9De
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you mods. Finally got a full refund. 

0 Likes