JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines in all inputs

(Topic created on: 8/2/20 10:14 PM)
userUm4WvGg0lK
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to me yesterday. I turned on the TV to this screen. I tried all inputs with no luck. I've had the TV for a little under 3 years. After reading through the Samsung community, I noticed this is a common problem with this model. Everyone's TVs on the forums seem to be having this issue at around the 3 year mark.  I use Samsung products in our home and they never have failed us. This was a large purchase for my family. It's really disappointing. Could you please provide a solution?

28A12BA6-C3F3-46CB-AA44-E56FD584D233.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
93 Replies
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Yup just like most large companies they give you the runaround hoping you'll eventually just give up.
jagplaya
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same experience. KS8000 from 2017. Samsung ended up offering me ~$370 dollars, the TV cost $1062 with tax.  We'll see how that process goes. 

Older TV's from my childhood would still work if plugged in. Planned obsolence is a nightmare and I'm making sure to get a LG or Sony from now on. I will never purchase a Samsung again IMG_0040.jpeg

usere7UxcbShcR
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

pretty much. My 11 year old Sony Bravia still looks perfect, and that's been through like 5 moves, and one time I smacked it against a wall. Thought it was going to def be broke, but nope, still works like the first day I bought it.

These Samsung sets break in under 2 years even if you never touch it after you put it on a wall or a stand. That's just how bad they are.

Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I'm loving my LG C8. Nothing beats the OLED. I do miss the 3D my Samsung had but it would have cost more to fix it than replace it.
user62BZQleWlP
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Very analogous experience for me and my ks8000. I've gone through at least 7 ticket numbers,  have had tickets and appointments canceled without notification,  and most recently was offered a refund - which was canceled before I could get back to the TV to take the requested photo of the label on the TV. Samsung really knows how to lose a long term customer via customer service bungling.

Bathala1618
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

9ACD2119-D401-421C-BB4D-7FA8BD6E6740.jpeg

Hi! This happened to my tv the other day. bought it black friday of 2016.  Did you guys get yours fixed or should i not be wasting anymore time with this and just buy a new one? 

0 Likes
SpaceBunny
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung UN65KS8000 been getting these vertical lines at start-up recently. I purchased this TV back in 2016 and currently tight on budget for a new one. How can I fix this? Thank you.

Vertical Lines on NetflixVertical Lines on NetflixVertical Lines on YoutubeVertical Lines on Youtube

user0ReAM78AJb
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I started to have the same exact issue today. I bought the tv in 2017. It sounds it started to happen to many people recently.

0 Likes
userYPcxoIccHE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

8C652C13-12D5-4FD4-85A1-4DD14F4E524B.png

0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
first, side to side lines are horizontal.
second, if it's a new tv, return to where you bought it and exchange. Samsung repairs take a seriously long time to get.
0 Likes