cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Reboot Smart Hub for QN55Q7FAM TV?

I have the QN55Q7FAM  TV and there are times when some App is wedged and should be restarted. I don't see a way to reboot the Smart Hub without having to physically unplug and re-plug in the TV.  There should be a way to do this from the remote.  Amazon Fire TV & Roku both have this ability.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Reboot Smart Hub for QN55Q7FAM TV?

it sounds like you over-extended your memory. which could possibly be triggered by an on-board Factory error or an unknown tripped switch in setup or procedure we can chat see if I can help more
Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't know if it's related to over-extension of memory or just plain old software bug in the application.  What I'm interested in knowing is how to use the remote control to "reboot" the TV.  The FireStick/Roku have this capability.

The only options I see are to reset the TV which means re-downloading the apps and configuring them.

I suppose I could get a smart plug and then use my phone to toggle power to the TV to "reboot" it.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

To reset the Smart Hub, go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't think you read my post very carefully. 

I'm asking about "reboot", not "reset".  The issue with reset is that All Smart Hub settings, downloaded apps, and accounts stored on the TV will be reset.

I don't want to lose my settings, accounts, passwords stored in the apps.  What I want is a reboot.