cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpM4nqH2V7z
Constellation

Receiver video only via non-ARC HDMI

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have just bought a UE43RU7400 TV, which I connected to my Denon AVR-X1000 receiver (HDMI out ARC). Both updated to the latest firmware. When I connect the HDMI cable from the receiver to HMDI 3 ARC on the TV, I get ARC functionality (audio playing through the receiver) but no picture from the receiver on the TV (either from the receiver itself, or from connected devices). When I switch the HDMI cable to a non-ARC port on the TV (HDMI 1 or 2), the TV displays picture from the receiver. I tried enabling/disabling the relevant settings I could find. On the TV: - Anynet+ - input extra On the receiver: - HDMI control - HDMI pass through I have not tried connecting the optical out from the TV to the optical in on the receiver as I don't have a cable long enough. Also this is obviously the messier option. Does anybody have any insight into what might be causing the lack of picture when connecting the receiver to the HDMI ARC port?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpM4nqH2V7z
Constellation

Re: Receiver video only via non-ARC HDMI

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Nevermind, I figured this out. The HDMI cable I was using did not support ARC. Switching out cables fixed the issue.
1 REPLY 1
userpM4nqH2V7z
Constellation

Re: Receiver video only via non-ARC HDMI

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Nevermind, I figured this out. The HDMI cable I was using did not support ARC. Switching out cables fixed the issue.