cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Red Line in Left side of the Screen

I have a 65" inches 4k HD TV and I started to see a little red line in the left side of the screen. The TV just reach the year mark and I just started to see this line. 

Does any one has this issue? Is there a way to get this corrected? It is kind of frustrating that I both this TV on 3/1/2019 and today is 3/31/2020 ( I have the receipt as evidence) and I starting to see this issue after spending the money to get this TV thinking to have a good quality TV and now this started to happen. 

I will apprecciate any advise or help with this, which is frustrating situation. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Red Line in Left side of the Screen

Hello, 

may we be able to see a picture of this?

@SamsungModerator

Highlighted
Astronaut

How does your tv display the image? If its led it sounds like you are having a factory issue with the construction of your TVs screen.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Also good to note that sometimes it could be a faulty hdmi cable and trying to simply switching its cable with one you know functions like it should sometimes also correct this issue with many different display types. Still sounds like you got a product with a manufacturer defect with the short amount of time you have had the device. This usually occurs with older models that are used regularly and with use certain elements of the tv wear out and create this effect. I had one tv where over time it started to look like a rainbow on screen with me having not only red, but blue and green lines show up on the screen.

Highlighted
Astronaut

That is weird. I have a 55" 4k ultra that I have had for 2yrs and not once has it done that. Have you gotten in contact with SAMSUNG?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone.