JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 06-08-2017 07:46 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm not sure my issue with not being able to control a new Samsung soundbar with the original tv remote is the same issue as the original poster had but here's the solution that's working for me.  Samsung technical support did help with sorting this out:

I have a 2016 UN49MU650DFXZA TV and new Q60T soundbar.  Wasn't an issue with my previous M550 soundbar, just with the new Q60T one where after a while (mainly after changing channels on Live TV) the tv remote could no longer change the volume on the soundbar.

What worked to fix this is to use the "Universal Remote" option on the tv to setup the tv remote to control the soundbar.  It doesn't seem like this should be necessary as all of the devices are Samsung and they seem to work together automatically but it did make the difference and the tv remote always works for the soundbar volume now.

I also upgraded the firmware on the tv by manually downloading the latest version from the website and using a USB stick.  This latest version wasn't available through the tv's interface.  I don't know whether this is necessary in addition to setting up the "Universal Remote" but it doesn't seem to hurt.  And actually the TV Plus additional channels are working again.  I did have to reset the Smarthub after this because the app icon bar got messed up but everything seems to be working fine now.

Good luck.

View solution in context

106 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the update Chrisv909, be sure to post in the larger thread regarding this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Remote-Control-volume-isn-t-working-on-my-TV-UN48JU6500/td-p...

user594me91hDD
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This just 're-paired the remote, volume goes between mute and 1, rest of remote appears to work fine

Sound seems to be a common problem

Rich

userjVejWCQpTk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you ever get a solution? My remote has been doing the same thing for at least a year now randomly. It will get stuck and I can only adjust the volume between two numbers... for example, I can only go up as far as 12 and down as far as 10 right now. 

user9sMVSrFfyp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem. I tried taking out batteries from remote for over a minute n still didn't work for me. I tried holding the back arrow n play/pause n this only work temporary for me. I have to do this everytime I need to change volume 

user9sMVSrFfyp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have same problem n this worked for me: 1st take out batteries for ur remote. Then, pushed the power button on the remote for 10 seconds. Lastly, insert the batteries. This worked for me. 😁

userAIEwnXO6Ex
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue but no luck with the fix, it pairs the remote with the tv but volume still doesn't work. Worst tv purchase ever, nothing but issues. 

userP3O7v3B3WT
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue! Started doing it randomly a few months ago now it's an everyday problem. Unplugging the TV works but it isn't very long later it's doing it again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please cold boot the television using the following steps.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

You can also, take the batteries from the remote with the batteries out Press and hold the power button on the remote for 30-40 seconds to discharge and soft reset the remote. Then place the batteries back in. 

If you have a smart remote you can press the Back & Up buttons at the same time for 10-20 seconds to repair the remote to the television as well. 

If you continue to have issues with the audio, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All right

0 Likes