JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created: 04-23-2021 11:34 AM)
Eccs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000, S22 Ultra
67 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 55" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Arris dcx4220m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried resetting the remote by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2BEXhvNVug
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have this same issue.  It seems like this is a popular bug..  I have tried:

Reseting my remote....

Resetting my cable box, unplugging the HDMI cable and turn is back on..

Delete the universal remote for Spectrum and re-configuring.

Moved my cable box under my TV

Reset everything I can think of....   My Cable remote works fine.. The Samsung that used to work has failed....

Is there another fix I should try????

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you reached out to the cable company regarding this issue? What was their response?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user2BEXhvNVug
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Cable is working fine with the Cable company supplied remote.  The Samsung remote quit working after a month.  I can change the volume, inputs, Amazon......  But not change the channel with my cable box like I could when I first got this device....   

userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Cable is working fine with the Cable company supplied remote. Problem is Samsung.

userxrJIHNZxcw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is not Samsung control problem. The TV control is working properly. The problem is that the universal remote stopped working to control the cable box. For a few weeks everything worked fine and suddenly it stopped working. It is a reported and known failure. What is the solution?

userzDQIwXMrAq
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

TU7000 43"

i got the same problem ,, my remote is working with ,Netflix, Samsung tv , and other sources 

but wen i use the sources for my cable box only the volume and power ,home is working,

if i try and use the channel or guide it doesn't work

so its not the remote the problem ,, it use to work for 2yers then it just stop 

i did the unplug power for tv and cable box ,, battery ,, i look up all sorts of remote help on youtube i got nothing 

i am thinking of getting a new remote , i don't think that will fix the problem 

0 Likes
userfcusq4wOFe
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here with a tu7000 55”. Got new cable box and still doesn’t change the channel. The TV is only 3 weeks old and the remote just stopped being able to change the channels a few days ago. 

0 Likes