JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created: 07-17-2020 12:17 AM)
Eccs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a TU7000 50" that had been working great for the last couple of weeks... Then the remote stopped being able to control my cable box (Spectrum Motorola/Arris dcx3600m). 

Cable box is directly connected to TV via HDMI 1. Video/audio playback is fine, just can't control with the Samsung remote anymore. I tried removing the stb from the TV and seeing back up, but gets stuck at the channel up/down part (doesn't respond) even after inputting the model number directly.

Help please!

Note10+, TU7000, S22 Ultra
JUMP TO SOLUTION
67 Replies
userrMwjltXPKF
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same problem that began a couple weeks ago. I have a Frontier Fios and the box is an ARRIS. It have tried every fix that is listed without any solution. It gets stuck at the channel. up/down. 

Any solutions? 

Members_tjzyK3O
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

+1 for my Samsung TV. A few months old now. Stopped watching most cable due to electing  but now it can't control my xfinity box.

usernGQTAOcE9R
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just doing a "me too". My previous Samsung TV operated the Verizon Arris cable box just fine. Just bought a new series 7 Samsung and it worked fine for a while but about a week ago I can no longer use the factory Samsung remote to change channels, access the channel guide or VOD, etc. I can watch shows but have to use a different remote to change the channel box. I just got off the phone with "Pablo" at Samsung and he says my cable box is incompatible with the TV, even though it was working with both this TV and the earlier one. Useless dang phone call. 

usernGQTAOcE9R
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Additional info. My TV is currently using update version 1410.

userhAPScPUg54
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just upgraded to 1420.  Did not fix the issue.  The problem on my set (7 series) also effects HDMI 2 connected to Roku.  Neither device, Dish cable box nor Roku can now be controlled by the remote.  

userLmgULcRhPh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also lost the functionality to control my Xbox One from the remote, not that I used it a ton but was still cool to have. Obviously doesn't control the cable box either. This is really unbelievable. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please try running the Universal Remote setup to see if that will allow you to regain control of your devices.

0 Likes
Geezer dave
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My Problem is will no longer get through set up.

Smart things app stopped controlling box at same time.

Changed box. Hdmi cable. Reset TV.

Nothing moved or was changed from 1 use to the next. Must be a software issue or hardware failure. Tv is new worked for a few weeks no issues. Perhaps a software push Tuesday.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same thing happened to me. Not only a waste of time but a day-ruining headache in my case. Worse part was that when i suggested that maybe the "engineers" should fix the issue on their end getting them to even take a ticket was like pulling teeth. 

userJJUrvug6gb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same thing happening here